20816Re: That other yuri show

    Jun 1, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

      > >> A.C. Al differs in his opinion - given Shizuma's recent slump and
      > >> erratic behavior (doping, perhaps?) odds favor Amane/Hikari 3:1.
      > >
      > > Nah, my money's on Chikaru -- she can have Lemon and Kizuna transform
      > > into the Ballot Counting Club, and rig the election in her favour....
      >

      > And here I was trying to offer fairly realistic odds. Oh well.

      So was I, just not odds I would take. :-) And I like the thought that
      Chikaru has something up her sleeve - it makes me happy to think just
      one character is, peraps, more than we see on the surface. Probably
      not, though.

      > thought 3:2 was pretty fair. For every 3 dollars you bet on Shizuma/
      > Nagisa, you'd only get 2. (Only a slight edge given to the current
      > Etoile, which given Shizuma's supposedly popularity is an indication
      > of how strong the Amane/Hikari pairing is coming in.) So a $10 bet
      > would yield a total of $16, a $10 bet on Amane/Hikari would net you
      > $25, I think. If, Shizuma wasn't already Etoile then I'd totally buy
      > AC Al's line of 3:1

      I think it's appalingly obvious that the protagonist of this story is
      the loathesome little Nagisa, so we're probably screwed. She'll win.
      Bleah.