20589Re: [Yuricon] Re: Strawberry Panic vs Simoun - the battle you've all been waiting for!

  • Kat Ehas
    Apr 30, 2006
      First, I'd like to say "Sue! You've de-lurked! Only took you five years! ;)"

      On 4/28/06, Susan Davis <futabachan@...> wrote:
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:41 AM, atheniag wrote:
      > >
      > > > Well the fansubbers definitely didn't make it easy.
      > >
      > > No, but spending some time in the forums helped a lot. I don't fault
      > > the fansubbers too badly as a lot of the terms are turning out to
      > > more Latin than French, and nobody is really sure of a consensus.
      >
      > Episode 2 was a lot better than episode 1, although there are still
      > some very questionable romanization choices ("Call" for "koru" instead
      > of "Chor" or "Corps;" "Simula" for "shivyura" instead of "Sibylla," et
      > cetera). Hopefully, the rest of the series will be more along episode
      > 2's lines....

      Yeah, I have to agree that the subbing on ep 1 frustrated me. The
      grammar was weak and I wasn't always sure what they were trying to
      say. I'm going to probably rewatch ep 1 before starting ep 2.

      kat_chan
    • Show all 55 messages in this topic