20175Re: [Yuricon] Re: One comment on Mai Otome 20 (actual spoilers, at this point)

  • BlackSkaven
    Mar 1, 2006
      Chalcahuite wrote:

      > Well, the shot of the intertwined hands is highly suggestive. It's an
      > image I've seen a lot during sex scenes, even though it's really awkward
      > and uncomfortable when I've tried it. But, I doubt we'll get anything
      > more concrete than the suggestion and how the characters react
      > afterwards. Much like we got in MH.

      Well - there are quite a few scenes in other animes that were far more
      suggestive than this one - just to mislead the viewer.
      In Mai-Hime we 'even' 'see' Shizuru undressing etc.

      >> The Tomoe from Mai-Otome isn't that different from the Shizuru in
      >> Mai-Hime though.

      > This I disagree with. Tomoe is from the start what Shizuru descended to
      > in the late stages of MH, after the start of the HiME battle royale.
      > Prior to that I don't think she ever exhibited any creepy
      > stalkerish/overly obsessive tendencies, at least not in a negative way.
      > Tomoe's kinda the inverse Shizuru, though she still pales in comparison.
      > She's not crazy obsessive enough. ;)

      Shizuru just seems to be a better actor. Furthermore there wasn't any
      real competition for Shizuru in Mai-Hime.
      There absolutely wasn't any sign that she enjoyed being with Tomoe either.

      > Well, if there wasn't a relationship between Shizuru and Natsuki, why
      > cut to a "reaction" shot of Natsuki as it was happening? They won't come
      > right out and say they're together, but they'll tease us mercilessly
      > with lots of hints that they are, exactly like this one.

      There are just hints - nothing more and it seems that they even didn't
      kiss yet. ;)

      >> I wonder what Miyu is after.
      >
      > The proper time to use her Deus ex Machina powers to untangle all the
      > contortions the plot has been put through. ;)

      Well - what contortions are in Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome in your opinion?

      BlackSkaven
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic