19974Re: Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN

  • byapes2001
    Feb 6, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
      wrote:

      > >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN
      > >Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:51:53 -0500
      > >

      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*

      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      > >*
      >
      > >Sergey reacts and puts himself between Arika and the Slave, much
      to the
      > >surprise of both Erstin and Nina. Sergey is, implausibly,
      unhurt, but his
      > >shirt is ripped and a plot device comes floating out: Oji- sama's
      > >hankerchief.
      >
      > Didn't you feel that coming when the damn thing was introduced. It
      stank of
      > "plot device to show that Sergey is "oji-sama'".

      (Note: I'm going on blog screenshots for this.) And another thing,
      *how* did Sergey manage to survive that attack? Never mind the
      ripped shirt-and the deployment of the Plot Device-he should at
      least be bleeding a bit.

      > Arika and Nina are surprised. Arika
      > >asks for confirmation, but Sergey has another surprise he's
      dishing out
      > >instead. He pleads for Arika's life by revealing that she is
      true Princess
      > >of Windbloom, surprising Aoi and Mashiro.
      > >Nagi wonders exactly when Sergey was going to share this
      information with
      > >him, and I think wonders if he seduced her. Well, he says
      something that
      > >surprises and shames Sergey. and he can't look anyone in the eye
      either.

      > He accuses Sergey of betraying him, yeah.
      >
      > >Whatever it is, Nina reacts very badly. So badly that the
      Meister GEM set
      > >that Nagi has, that no one knew about it, reacts.
      > >Nina can't believe what she's hearing and cries out, and now the
      pendant
      > >spits out it's GEMs. John Smith is now surprised, because he had
      no idea
      > >Nagi had the legendary Ultimate Black Diamond,
      >
      > I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First
      Lady, "so,
      > hey, Black Diamond would be...?"
      >
      > And she says, "Coal."
      >
      > And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."
      >
      > So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond,
      for pity's
      > sake.

      ...Dammit now I can't get the song "Coal Miner's Daughter" out of
      my head...

      ...retitled of course "Coal Meister's Daughter."

      <Ducks and covers>

      Brian Yaple
      BYapes@...
      BYapes2001