19972Re: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN

  • Chalcahuite
    Feb 6, 2006

      On Feb 4, 2006, at 9:32 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

      From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      Subject: [Yuricon] Mai-Otome 17 SPOILED AND ROTTEN
      Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:51:53 -0500

      So, my total fanboy mode lasted exactly one episode.

      See - now I can feel morally superior (coincidentally putting me on the same
      footing as Shizuru below, lol) because I'd been saying "hey, it's STILL the
      same team that eefed up the ending of mai HiME" the whole time. :-)

      No, I will never give up my dream! One day characters I like will be in a show that dazzles me with it's originality and quality.

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      Sergey reacts and puts himself between Arika and the Slave, much to  the
      surprise of both Erstin and Nina. Sergey is, implausibly, unhurt,  but his
      shirt is ripped and a plot device comes floating out: Oji- sama's
      hankerchief.

      Didn't you feel that coming when the damn thing was introduced. It stank of
      "plot device to show that Sergey is "oji-sama'".

      Yeah, I did. I was thinking, though, that this particular plot point was going to be resolved later than it was. I thought Nina would eventually fight Arika just because she was the more traditionally minded Otome, as she indicates to both Miss Maria in the tombs and to Sergey after Akane runs off. Oh well.

       because he  had no idea
      Nagi had the legendary Ultimate Black Diamond,

      I come in to the bedroom last night and causally ask the First Lady, "so,
      hey, Black Diamond would be...?"

      And she says, "Coal."

      And I say, "Yes. I thought so too."

      So Nina has the honor of being the Coal Meister. Black Diamond, for pity's
      sake.

      Oh yeah, how about that. Iffy name, cool looking robe. I guess it evens out.

      -==-

      Serge

      http://ximatl.blogspot.com

      http://albikal.blogspot.com