18996Re: [Yuricon] Re: Notes from 8th Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel - Second part

    Sep 30, 2005
      >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>
      >To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Notes from 8th Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel -
      >Second part
      >Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:13:30 +0100

      >It will be interesting to see how Noriko learns to handle Shimako over
      >the course of the next few books (no, not that way you perverts) -
      >given how... flighty? detached?

      <snip>

      Shimako seems to be at times, I suspect
      >she'll require careful management by our little dark-haired bundle of
      >seething social resentment. ;)

      Detached, probably. Outsider more like. Because Noriko is also so outside I
      think (based on 9 pages of Novel 9) that there won't have to be much
      handling at all. They gel almost instantly with each other.

      Noriko is such a real person, that readers must have positively gasped with
      her normality after being inside Yumi's Lillian-trained head for so long.
      Noriko is us, looking around at Lillian and thinking "WTF?"
      A public school girl (in the American sense, not the British one) at a
      private school. She's not loving it right now.

      BTW - the big sakura tree in the middle of the gingkoes behind the
      auditorium? You know THE sakura tree...Noriko has heard a rumor that there
      is a dead body buried under it. <nod nod>