17460Re: [Yuricon] Re: Mai HiME ep 22 (Freaking big spoilers, yo)

  • Chalcahuite
    Mar 6, 2005
      On Mar 6, 2005, at 5:23 AM, Ka-chan wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
      > SPOILERS
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > .
      > SPOILERS
      >
      >> Shizuru, in a moment, of weakness, succumbs to temptation and
      >> kisses a sleeping Natsuki (though it's a situation I totally
      >> understand) and Natsuki, having lost the only thing she could trust
      >> in, can't trust anyone now, and presumes the worst about the only
      >> person she knows cares about her.
      >
      > There's been some real detrimental blows to Natsuki's conscience of
      > late...which is why I'll not buy into the 'disgusted' part of so many
      > people's arguement of her reaction. Not until she's said so herself.
      > In sane mind.

      Well, we still don't know too much of what she's thinking yet. That'll
      be episode 23 I gather. Though, if Natsuki were really disgusted about
      Shizuru's antics, I think she would have flat out rejected her in 19.
      But, she didn't and I just don't see them throwing that away yet.

      >> Natsuki has nothing at this point, no MIP, no Duran, and no purpose,
      >> since they all hinged on the same thing.
      >
      > <snip>
      > And a shame indeed. She's lost will to fight...whether she realizes it
      > or not...and without that will Dhuran will never answer her summons.

      It's because she's lost faith in her mother, who was, apparently, her
      MIP. Without a MIP, a HiME can't summon their Child.

      > can only think confusedly on this developement. We have the 3
      > valkyries - one of which without a child, one with a child on a
      > raging, burning warpath of destruction, and one so completely lost in
      > herself that she can't even summon her child. Perhaps it's not so much
      > that they're meant to have a similar role (which we've sorta been
      > assuming, correct?), but that each has their *own* role to fullfill as
      > a valkyrie. Now what that might be...I've no clue. :|

      >> I still don't think it makes much sense for Natsuki to be apart from
      >> Shizuru, even if Natsuki doesn't return any of her feelings, she's
      >> still Shizuru's MIP and therefore at risk. But, I got nothing at
      >> this point.
      >
      > While that make make many a sense to Shizuru, I doubt it would so to
      > Natsuki. You'll be lucky if she has that line of logic right now, or
      > even if she does to truly care about it. I've little doubts (from the
      > preview of 23) that she's making well into the 'okay, I'm so lost that
      > wandering the streets will seem to make better sense to me than living
      > my life right now and hopefully a car will make me a pancake as I do
      > so' mentality.

      No, no, she'll do her best thinking wandering the streets in the rain,
      and as soon as she has her near death experience, she'll have her
      epiphany and right herself.

      >> This might be my Shizuru bias speaking, but I thought she was
      >> handling the situation reasonably well, all things considered.
      >> Haruka and Yukino were mainly responsible for escalating things.
      >
      > I dunno about that...calling Yukino a peeping tom (and that she enjoys
      > it) pretty much says a low blow to me (however much she may have
      > deserved it for so unreasonably attacking her). ;)

      After being called "unnatural" I'd say it was tit for tat. But, we can
      probably relate it back to her fighting style. Respond when provoked
      with overwhelming force.

      >> And I don't think Shizuru intends to fight Yukino unless she has to.
      >> I don't think we've ever seen her attack first, she always reacts
      >> defensively, but with overwhelming force. She never starts fights,
      >> but she sure as hell finishes them.
      >
      > Again, I dunno about that. ^^; Remember that she was the one who
      > attacked Nao full-out in 20?

      In 21? She warned off Nao, Nao laughed and seized her naginata with her
      webbing. So Shizuru brought out the big guns, and made sure Nao wasn't
      a threat anymore. Sure, it's like swatting a fly with a 105 mm
      Howitzer, but it gets the job done. ;)

      > And Yukino and Haruka came to calling
      > *Natsuki* dirty. Which is why Haruka got slapped back. Haruka's pushed
      > a bit too far into Shizuru's threshold for insult...in that she can
      > take all the crap about herself...but *damned* if she's going to let
      > them drag Natsuki into it.
      >
      > What *I'm* trying to figure out is if she's going to be directly
      > attacking Haruka for insulting Natsuki and Yukino attempts to deflect,
      > or whether it's something where even more heinous altercations are
      > sent out, and *that's* what makes the 2 of them snap to fight.

      Next scene will be Yukino stepping in front of Shizuru and summoning
      her element, and possibly Diana. More words will be exchanged, but
      Yukino will make the first move (or possibly goaded into it) and
      Shizuru will try to end the fight on her move. Which might lead to
      Haruka's disappearance that they've been hinting at. That's when
      Natsuki appears, says something harsh to Shizuru and goes running off.

      > Shizuru
      > and Yukino have, so far, been argueably the 2 most level-headed of the
      > HiME - with the exception of possibly Midori. It's tense...but I don't
      > know that I want to believe that Shizuru would attack either of them
      > for merely what has already been said. But then, she's been playing
      > the trump card of her anonimity to the other HiME to the fullest so
      > far, so perhaps she doesn't plan on breaking the streak. And what
      > better way to do so than by taking out the HiME that sees that she is
      > one...

      See above.

      >>> That's because she has the wrong idea about Shizuru...well, no, she
      >>> has the right idea, but for the wrong reasons. :-)
      >
      >> Though she's not really helping herself, when she says she'd do
      >> ANYTHING for the sake of her MIP.
      >
      > Well yes, but do you think you'd really want to show your 'oni' face
      > to the person you love and are trying to protect on purpose? Keep in
      > mind, she doesn't know Natsuki's there...and would most likely act
      > differently if she did know she was. Or, if Natsuki did come out and
      > told her to stop, I'd like to think that she would, being drained of
      > her ability to keep up her oni-ness. But then...maybe madness comes
      > with the rage...it wouldn't be unthinkable.

      I don't think she'll realize Natsuki's there until after she's dealt
      with Yukino and Haruka.

      >>> My biggest concern is that, as they so frequently do, the writers
      >>> will go away now and leave the ending to the 6-year old girl and
      >>> the 9-year old boy writing team of "let's make them all die, then
      >>> come back to life and live happily ever after and get married and
      >>> have babies" fame. I fear for the Hime-tachi....
      >
      >> With good cause. Though I'm hoping to be surprised in a good way.
      >> We'll know more in 5 days.
      >
      > I just don't want another 'system reset'...I've had my fill for at
      > least the next year of that from KnM. I'd rather have them all die
      > tragically and never ever be able to return. And perhaps that's what
      > Alyssa's song really means. Add more to the fire!! ^_~

      I wouldn't mind a true tragic ending either, but I'm pretty sure we're
      getting a reset. You don't get the downer endings very often, anymore.
      Though, I'm guessing it'll be a reset to back before the series
      started, and all the girls get a do over, without the HiME part this
      time.

      >> Next episode, more despair, more suffering, more fights, and more
      >> casualties. Yay!! LOL.
      >
      > Hey, but we were at casualties 0 this episode. Unless you're wishing
      > to count Nao's and Shizuru's growing insanity...but I'm all for more
      > boobs. Yes, indeed. I think that's one thing we might all agree upon,
      > anyway.

      I was speaking about the series in general. I'm guessing we're getting
      two Child deaths and our first HiME death next episode. St. Vrus and
      Diana and Midori will all buy the farm.

      Oh, and yes, I agree, more boobies = teh win. It's a core philosophy
      really. :-D

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com