17191R.O.D. Vol. 5

  • Jeyl
    Feb 9, 2005
      What luck. When it comes to buying anime on dvd, Best Buy is both the
      stupidest and greatest place to get it. Of all the Best Buys here in
      Orlando, none of them had Vol. 4 of R.O.D. the TV. The computers at
      each store said that they had at least 6 copies available! Now, three
      weeks later, I stumble across R.O.D. Vol. 5 on the anime shelf, and a
      sudden hammer hit me over the head. What is going on? Vol. 5 isn't due
      out for another two weeks! And there still isn't any sign of Vol. 4!

      Spoilers!

      Spoilers!

      One more time for safety.

      Spoilers!

      Since I had to buy Vol. 4 at a very expensive store somewhere in a
      little town called Down Town Disney, I had no problems in quickly
      watching Vol. 5. All I can say is this. Poor Yomiko. All these things
      she has done over the years that have brought nothing but bad things to
      the world, and all she wants to do is make things better. What better
      way to do that with only Anita to help her out? Especially now that she
      officially blames her for her painful memories that still bother her.
      Oh, that moment at the end of Episode 20 still hurt the big one. I
      think I can safely say that Anita was simply over reacting. Honestly,
      she can't go on like this forever. I've seen that happen in anime
      already (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. The ending for that was
      more scarier and disturbing than the ending to Evangelion!). Downer
      things aside, the most exciting part of the whole package didn't happen
      till I opened the DVD case. I was so exited to see what the next lovely
      pencil board design was going to be that would soon be bestowed upon
      Erica. Simply put, I'm laughing about what she has to say about it
      already. This makes the Vol. 4 pencil board look like a Care Bears book
      cover. The other side of the board that features Nancy is kind of cute
      once you spot Yomiko reflected on the locker door mirror. Cute little
      Yuri potential there. Much more bearable than the "other" side of the
      board!

      Thank you, and good luck.
      Jeyl
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic