17176Re: [Yuricon] Glossary of Terms - at least partially on-topic

  • Shimako Toudou
    Feb 7 11:47 AM
      On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:17:51 +0800, Johann Chua <johannchua@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:09:12 -0000, "atheniag"
      > <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Mook:
      > > Pron. (moo-ku) Short for "monthly book," mooks are monthly manga
      > > magazines. Printed on cheap paper and running as many as two-dozen
      > > serialized manga stories simultaneously, mook are a popular way to
      > > read manga in Japan. Related term: Manga
      >
      > I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g., a
      > lot of anime artbooks).

      Yes, and from buying alot of mooks over the years, my experience is
      that they are not printed on cheap paper, but on nicer, often heavier
      weight paper than typical magazines. The phonebook manga printed on
      cheap paper is called zasshi.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic