17169Re: [Yuricon] Re: Glossary of Terms - at least partially on-topic

  • Johann Chua
    Feb 6, 2005
      On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:23:24 -0000, "atheniag"
      <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannchua@h...> wrote:
      >
      > > I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g.,

      > > lot of anime artbooks).
      >
      > Very few of the artbooks I have seen are in magazine format...can you
      > give me an example?

      Secret of Blue Water Roman Album
      Mamono Hunter Yohko Kanketsu-hen
      Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko Animedia Special

      The last two have Gakken Mook on the cover.

      It's my understanding that Roman Album is Tokuma Shoten's brand for
      mooks.

      > The descriptions I have read make the "monthly book" definition
      > specifically. Most of the mooks are magazine format, so you're right
      > there.

      Just remembered that Yuri Shimai is labeled mook as well, but it's
      quarterly, not monthly.

      > Most of the fans I know who don;t know what they are called call them
      > something like "those phone book manga magazines." :-)

      Same here.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic