17168Re: Glossary of Terms - at least partially on-topic

    Feb 6, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Johann Chua <johannchua@h...> wrote:

      > I was under the impresion a mook is a book in magazine format (e.g.,
      > lot of anime artbooks).

      Very few of the artbooks I have seen are in magazine format...can you
      give me an example?

      The descriptions I have read make the "monthly book" definition
      specifically. Most of the mooks are magazine format, so you're right
      there.

      Most of the fans I know who don;t know what they are called call them
      something like "those phone book manga magazines." :-)