17163Re: [Yuricon] Glossary of Terms - at least partially on-topic

  • Resop
    Feb 6, 2005
      --- atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

      > I thought this might be of interest to the folks here - we're
      > uploading a basic glossary of terms related to anime and manga genres,
      > with definitions for the many genres/names for yaoi and yuri to the
      > Onna! website (http://www.onnafest.com).
      > I know there are always questions about terminology and what various
      > genre names mean, so I thought I'd pass it on to you folks. When the
      > page goes live, I'll send the link out - feel free to link to it and
      > disseminate it where you will. :-) All the definitions are *current*
      > (which, in at least one case is quite important!) and the
      > pronounciations should correct.
      > In the meantime, with my great thanks to Erin S. for proofing this,
      > and Paulette H for the original version, here's the Glossary of Terms:

      If femmeslash and slash are used to describe works where characters from
      western shows are thrown together in non-canonical relationships, then
      what would the term be for throwing anime characters together?

      I have heard "cross" used in this capacity, as in Serina x Rei. Is that an
      official term?

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic