16862Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kannazuki no Miko 9

  • Chalcahuite
    Dec 3, 2004
      On Dec 3, 2004, at 1:19 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

      >> From: "mellowrg" <mellowrg@...>
      >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

      >>> I feel the same way. i mean, I can *almost* see what she was
      >> thinking, but
      >>> it seems to me that there are better ways to go about it than rape.
      >>>

      >> It's still confusing isn't it?
      >
      > Not really. This anime isn't deep enough to be confusing. :-)

      I thought it was more of a bad writing confusion, not a dazzling plot
      twist confusion.

      > I'm pretty sure I can guess what Chikane learned that made her decide
      > to do
      > what she did, but I still think it was stupid.

      No matter how hard I try I just can't get myself to a place where that
      seems like a good idea. Maybe if I order up a PCP/crack cocktail . . .
      .

      >>> The person I understand least is, of course, Himeko. She isn;t
      >> nearly angry
      >>> and bewildered enough. I'm aware that this is only a crap-tastic
      >> anime, but
      >>> still. She recovered awfully fast - and her obsession with Chikane
      >> hasn't
      >>> even changed a teeny weeny bit. I'm a bit leery of that.
      >>>
      >> I have several theories:
      >>
      >> 1) She may already have an idea what's going on subconsciously.
      >
      > I'd agree with that. She clearly believes that, regardless of the
      > reason,
      > Chikane *had* a reason, and she wants to know what it is, so she can
      > "understand Chikane's feelings."
      >
      >> 2) She has low self esteem. Rather than trying to find the answer she
      >> blames herself.
      >
      > Mmm, there's something to be said for this. The old Himeko, yes,
      > definitely.
      > But I think Himeko's talk with Mako-chan changed her. You'd have to be
      > exceptioanlly stupid and self-absorbed to have three completely
      > different
      > people tell you that they'd die for you and still not see your own
      > worth.

      It was a welcome change to see Himeko express determination and resolve
      for the first time.

      >> 3) She's a blonde
      >
      > As a brunette I will refrain from commenting. LOL

      It really does explain a lot, doesn't it. ;) And I say E) all of the
      above.

      >> I'm glad that's finally she doing something about it, though.
      >
      > Me too - this anime needs a new deus for the ex machina. :-)

      I'm looking forward to seeing the twisted metal and casualties at the
      end of this train wreck.

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com