16625Re: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri goggles and this season's anime

  • Chalcahuite
    Nov 1, 2004
      On Nov 1, 2004, at 4:49 PM, mellowrg wrote:
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
      >
      >> No kidding... Of course, I'm in little doubt that Himeko will turn
      >> out
      >> to be depressingly straight and that Chikane will end up doing the
      >> embittered if-I-can't-have-her-no-one-can thing later on, before
      >> finally
      >> being defeated by Boring Robot Guy. At least episode 4 gives us some
      >> handy dark-and-painful-past to be overcome in the course of gratuitous
      >> slashing, I suppose.
      >>

      > Ehh..? I guess we graduated from different schools of cliche. The way
      > I see it, Himeko will save Chikane from the dark side with the power
      > of Luv~~ and they'll both summon and pilot the golden mech of doom. It
      > just happens that everything will happen in a very cliche manner. XD

      Hmm, based on this guy's other works I'm thinking one of two scenarios,
      bad guys lose at the end, and despite all the character interactions,
      Himeko's relationship with Souma and Chikane remains exactly the way it
      was at the beginning of the series or she picks one, and the other dies
      in a heroically sacrificial way to prove the depth of their feelings,
      and at the last moment we get a reset so it's as if the entire series
      never really happened. See Steel Angel Kurumi and UFO Princess
      Valkyrie.

      -==-
      Serge
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com