15594Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kurau: Phantom Memory Ep 1

  • Chalcahuite
    Jul 3 9:36 AM
      On Jul 1, 2004, at 2:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "donnaneely" <donnaneely@y...> wrote:
      >
      >> Promising?
      >
      > I have no idea if it has a single ounce of yuri, but I have a terrific
      > picture from the game with the two lead females - one laying on the
      > other, both with guns drawn and ready to shoot. To me it says,
      > "subtext yuri only" but it's still a great picture. :-)

      Uh, not to be a gloomy Gus, but the energy based lifeform angle puts a
      question mark on any potential yuri subtext for me here. How can we
      tell if what we may be seeing is based on genuine human emotion or just
      the closest human approximation of their natural state of being? . If I
      think about it the Rynax exists as a binary energy based lifeform, so
      I'm guessing things like sex, gender, and, I think, emotions, are
      pretty much meaningless in their natural state of existence, so we can
      attempt to define their existence/relationship in human terms, but I
      think, and especially if the writers are being honest, it's a
      translation that's somewhat lacking. Kind of like translating Japanese
      to English and back, I don't think you can express the full gamut of
      each existence completely.
      Anyway, it's not going to stop me from watching, because it was very
      riveting, I'm just not sure it'll be List material.

      -==-
      Serge
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic