15349Re: [Yuricon] Re: Jubei-Chan 2 or Absent Mothers

  • rosepress@aol.com
    Jun 8, 2004
      In a message dated 6/8/2004 8:07:07 PM Central Standard Time, cjchua@... writes:
      At 09:17 PM 6/8/2004 -0000, anthyroserain wrote:
      >I suppose it must be a holdover from the orphans of
      >children's literature, self-reliance and all that. But why always

      Because mothers are seen as the primary caregivers?
      It could well be the old tales about children raised by wolves, or other wild animals. (Cf. Tarzan). Stereotype has the woman be the civlizing influence; therefore, without a mother we get a wild child. About whom the stories are many and varied.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic