12145So, on page 53...

    Aug 29 9:36 AM
      As I mentioned, I'm re-reading YajiKita Gakuen Douchuuki, an old 80's manga
      series.

      Our wonderful friend Emi was kind enough to explain that there is an old
      novel in Japan with two travelers, Yaji and Kita, who travel from town to
      town and end up in the middle of things and save the town, much like our
      American series "Kung Fu." After some reseach I find the novel is called
      "Shank's Mare" in English and that Yaji and Kita have shown up in Hiroshige
      art, early Nintendo games and samurai dramas from the 60s.

      And shoujo manga.

      In the 1980's Yaji and Kita were resurrected, this time as two cool
      schoolgirls, who go from school to school, fighting corruption and evil
      wherever they go. Both are excellent fighters, Yaji tends to be more
      hot-headed and Kita cooler and more irritable.

      In the first arc, they beat the crap out of some enforcers at lunchtime at
      the new school. By the time they get back to class, Kita is already getting
      love letters. The first one is from a little girl named Machiko, and all the
      other girls are really peeved that Machiko got there first. A flurry of love
      letters and requests for study lessons follow. Poor Kita-san. LOL She has no
      idea how to cope.

      Watching Kita freak out everytime as the girls flock to her is definitely
      part of the fun of this series. LOL