11638Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Movie Suggestions (OT?)

  • Johann Chua
    Jul 7, 2003
      At 07:51 AM 7/7/2003 -0400, Trixterpriest@... wrote:
      >> get out of plausible deniability. I mean, if I hadn't been exposed to
      CCS
      >> fandom before watching the anime, would I actually pick up that Touya and
      >> Yukito _are_ a couple, rather than _likely_ to be but not definitely a
      >> couple? (This was brought up by a Touya/Yukito fan on cffml.) Then
      again

      >Just for myself, I noticed it right away...I mean to say, sure two young
      >teenage boys MIGHT ride a bike together but would the one not pedaling
      >really be holding on so tight? =^.^=

      Need to stop reading the paper while I watch CCS reruns. (I'm mostly
      listening for Aya Blanco as Nakuru since it got up to the Sakura Cards arc.)
      Don't recall how they usually ride together. Then again I still have fansubs
      of eps. 1-35 and movie 1 to tide me over till I get the DVDs.

      The Touya feeding Yukito scene was pretty blatant. One of the first episodes
      I ever saw, raw, taped off NHK BS-2.

      Would've been nice to notice all of it on my own, though.

      Going back to yuri: Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV. Fan favorite pairing is
      Yohko/Ayano, pretty much canon that Ayano loves Yohko, but the problem is
      Yohko's pretty much staight and only sees Ayano as a friend, unless there's
      something more in the novels, manga, and radio dramas. Ayano does have this
      slightly OOC, Tomoyo-esque expression on her face as she looks at Yohko in
      some of the promo art (need to scan the artbook one of these days), and of
      course there's the even more OOC pose she has with Yohko on the cover of TV
      series volume 7.

      Yohko/Madoka has a bit of the Ryoko/Ayeka dynamic, with the added bonus of
      them not fighting over a guy, but their relationship is really more like the
      Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote's.

      <Machiko> Madoka wants to catch Yohko so she can eat her?
      <me> That's one way of putting it. More like Yohko antagonizes Madoka
      whenever possible, though she does like her as a friend. Sort of.