11619Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Movie Suggestions (OT?)

  • Johann Chua
    Jul 4, 2003
      At 10:04 PM 7/3/2003 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:
      >>From: Cyborgnut42@...
      >
      >>or like in sailormoon s
      >>that sailor uranus and neptune are lovers but from what i have seen
      >>you dont actually ever see anything
      >>
      >>if i am in the wrong someone please tell me because id love to see some
      eps
      >>with one or the other pledging there love for one another
      >>or even just a kiss
      >
      >Well, it is, because shoujo anime simply doesn't have much in the way of
      >that for *any* couple...but...

      I suppose. But with same-sex couples a little more evidence would be nice to
      get out of plausible deniability. I mean, if I hadn't been exposed to CCS
      fandom before watching the anime, would I actually pick up that Touya and
      Yukito _are_ a couple, rather than _likely_ to be but not definitely a
      couple? (This was brought up by a Touya/Yukito fan on cffml.) Then again
      Shaoran's crush on Yukito is too obvious, so isn't serious, same with Nakuru
      chasing Touya (but most people think Nakuru is a girl). And there's the fact
      that Touya and Yukito, like Haruka and Michiru, are supporting characters, so
      wouldn't get the same attention main characters do.