10208Re: [Yuricon] [CON] Are You Ready to Rumble? Yaoi-Con 2003 is Rarin' to Go!

  • Renee
    Mar 1 2:54 PM

      Ready to rumble?..o.O I would think yuricon and yaoicon would be better off as partners in crime....but that's just me...

       "Autumn <peatian@...>" <peatian@...> wrote:

      [Posted With Permission From List Owner]

      -----------------------------------
      Yaoi-Con 2003
      http://www.yaoicon.com
      -----------------------------------

      Don't miss out on this year's Yaoi-Con, the only Western convention
      dedicated to the yaoi genre of anime and manga. Yaoi-Con 2003 will
      be
      the weekend of October 17-19, 2003, in San Francisco, CA.

      WEB SITE REOPENING

      That's right. We've pulled the bishies out of storage, dusted them
      off and put them back out on display. Check out their new digs and
      get caught up on all the news by dropping by http://www.yaoicon.com

      GUEST OF HONOR

      We're very proud to announce that yaoi mangaka Shushushu Sakurai
      will
      be joining us this year! A former doujinshi artist turned pro,
      Shushushu has contributed to Boys Pierce, BeBoy and other well-known
      yaoi publications. She also recently designed the characters for an
      upcoming boys love game, Seikaihouretsuden, from Lucina
      (http://www.lucina.biz). For a preview of her work, visit her
      official Web site, No Reset Club, http://webs.to/noreset/

      PRE-REGISTRATION

      Pre-registration starts February 25th! For prices, deadlines and
      instructions, see our registration Web page,
      http://www.yaoicon.com/registration.htm

      HOTEL INFORMATION

      This year's hotel is the Renaissance Parc 55. Reserve your room now!
      You can register by:

      Calling the Renaissance toll-free number, 1-800-697-3103
      Calling the hotel directly, 1-415-392-8000
      Faxing the hotel (between 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. PST) at 1-415-392-4734.

      Rate Information:

      $129 per night � single and double occupancy (1-2 people per
      room)
      $154 per night � triple occupancy (3 people per room)
      $179 per night � quadruple occupancy (4 people per room)

      Rollaway beds are available at a $20 per night rate, but supplies
      are
      limited. The hotel cannot permit (per local fire codes) more than 4
      adults and 2 beds, including the rollaways, per room.

      To obtain the convention room rate, be sure to mention Y-Con, Yaoi-
      Con, or Aestheticism upon reservation. If you do not mention you are
      with the convention, you will most likely be charged the full,
      regular price and the convention will not be credited with the room
      rental. Before you hang-up, make sure you ask the reservation desk
      confirm the rate you are being charged.

      Reserve your room early! For more details, visit our hotel page
      online, http://www.yaoicon.com/hotel.htm

      YAOI-CON ANTHOLOGIES

      Yaoi-Con 2003 is very proud to announce two brand-new anthologies
      which will debut at the con this year � one devoted to fiction,
      the
      other to doujinshi-style stories. The boys love fiction anthology
      will feature never before seen fan-produced stories, including
      original fiction, works based on our challenge pic, and stories
      featuring anime, manga and game characters.

      Also debuting this year is a doujinshi anthology featuring amazing
      artwork by Angel, Lulu, Myamakusa, Orange, and R which will run
      about
      100 pages and feature stories based on Devil May Cry, Lord of the
      Rings, King of Fighters and more!

      See the Web site (http://www.yaoicon.com/anthologies.htm) for more
      information and keep checking back, as we'll be updating often with
      new info and samples.

      EBAY AUCTIONS

      We'll be running weekly auctions to benefit the anthologies
      throughout the year. Check them out under Ebay ids alrya and
      little_calico starting this week on the 25th.

      FOR MORE INFORMATION

      For more information about Yaoi-Con, the yaoi genre, and our
      programming, please visit http://www.yaoicon.com

      Aki
      PR Volunteer
      Yaoi-Con 2003