86 yugo

  • chucky
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2010
      hey guys. my yugo has an issue. i can go out and start it and it will fire. but if i turn it off and restart it will just turn over but if i wait a minute or two it will fire back up. it has an electric fuel pump hooked up to it instead of the mechanical one. just wonderin if you guys have an ideas or solutions. thanks. -jeff-
    • JEFF FAHRINGER
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2010
        If I were to guess without all the info I'd say it sounds like a choke
        issue. Has it run long enough to warm up? If it's flooding, starting it with
        wide open throttle should work. No need to skip proper troubleshooting
        though. Are you getting too much fuel or not enough? Good spark or no?

        Jeff