Updated website now uploaded...

  • John Edwards
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
      http://www.engine-machining.com/

    • JEFF FAHRINGER
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
        Very impressive site! Could of used more yugos in my opinion, but then I'm
        biased. I know you have some cool fiat stuff you didn't show. The images
        loaded super fast. Sometimes I would try in vain to get a better view of a
        grainy image by clicking on it.
        So you like fiat 850 motors? I have no experience with them. Push rods, long
        stroke, and only 3 main bearings makes me think they would be handicapped
        for performance applications. On the other hand 3 mains is less friction
        than 5. I daydream an 850 spider ought to get great mpg if converted to
        megasquirt fuel injection and spark.
        Jeff
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
          Jeff,

          Glad you liked most of the website. Yeah, will post some more stuff including Yugo pix later. There's only so much time in the day to do everything besides run the shop, keet the 850 running, write articles for Sand Sports Magazine, and all the other stuff that needs to be done. Like maybe get a life! LOL...

          I have been fiddling about w/Fiat's since 1966. Was service manager @ Tom Hubert Imports in Downey CA for a while. Have a special spot for 600 and 850 based cars, but would also like to get another early 128 Sedan, my Yugo will have to suffice for now. Still have to get an engine put together for it sometime. I have the pistons done, but need to get the rest of it together. I have videos on YouTube and StreetFire.net of some of my Fiat ramblings, plus a buch of other stuff that I do in my shop.

          The 850 certainly has its limitations, but they are sure a kick in the ass to drive. Winding them up to 8K plus rpm's gets the juices flowing. Will be trying to sort out a 16-valve conversion here pretty soon. As for EFI, yes I have been noodling around with one of my Cabeza de Vaca intake manifolds and a Nissan air door to install w/Megasquirt management. One of my clients has a superchargered 850 that we built in the shop just about ready to start and we will be installing a Mega on it and the Ford EDIS ignition package. So, long story short... I'm work'in on it.

          Currently have a billet stroker crank for the 128 blockw/8 counterweights under construction that will yield 1600cc in the 1500 block. Have Scat working on some H-beam rods too. So, the 128 engine stuff keeps coming from Costa Mesa R&D! Have big valve heads in stock for standard basecircle cam installation. Currently building an AutoX engine for an X1/9.

          More later dude...
          JE...

          To: YugoRaceAndPerformanceCars@yahoogroups.combasecircle From: joffrey1@...: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:04:33 -0500Subject: RE: [YugoRaceAndPerformanceCars] Updated website now uploaded...

          Very impressive site! Could of used more yugos in my opinion, but then I'mbiased. I know you have some cool fiat stuff you didn't show. The imagesloaded super fast. Sometimes I would try in vain to get a better view of agrainy image by clicking on it. So you like fiat 850 motors? I have no experience with them. Push rods, longstroke, and only 3 main bearings makes me think they would be handicappedfor performance applications. On the other hand 3 mains is less frictionthan 5. I daydream an 850 spider ought to get great mpg if converted tomegasquirt fuel injection and spark. Jeff -----Original Message-----From: YugoRaceAndPerformanceCars@yahoogroups.com[mailto:YugoRaceAndPerformanceCars@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of JohnEdwardsSent: Monday, March 03, 2008 1:13 PMTo: fiat_nut@...: [YugoRaceAndPerformanceCars] Updated website now uploaded...http://www.engine-machining.com/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed]Yahoo! Groups Links

        • JEFF FAHRINGER
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
            John, I meant to add: I don't know how you get around to doing so much and
            then find the time to take pictures and write about it! The supercharged
            850 was one of the things I was looking for on the site. Megasquirt with
            EDIS the way to go. I've been running Megasquirt for a few years now driving
            25k a year and I'll never go back to carb for anything I drive a lot. I have
            a supercharged yugo 1100 project on the back burner awaiting more time and
            money. The only pic I have that looks like any thing is one I took while
            figuring out where mounts and bearing support will attach. Pully in the pic
            is not the one that will be used. I'm trying the piston cooling oil
            squirters on this. More to avoid boredom than anything. Well that and to try
            to help the stock non forged pistons endure. I'm not looking to push it that
            hard I just want the performance I have now in my hi CR 1500 but with better
            mpg when I take it easy.

            That stroker crank sounds exciting. I'm curious of the price range for
            having such things made though I'm not currently in the market. The more the
            euro goes up the better it will look!

            As for getting a life- making cool stuff is life!

            To: YugoRaceAndPerformanceCars@yahoogroups.combasecircle From:
            joffrey1@...: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:04:33 -0500Subject: RE:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links