defend yugo!

  • orionyugo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
      Hi
      i have been fighting wikipedia because their article on yugo
      decreases the value of all your, and my yugos, and damages my
      business. please go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugo
      i have managed to make the remove the yugo jokes, the link to the
      yugo jokes, and the link to "yugo next" which cut our business in
      half when it came out. it may be put back on because some 13 ,yes 13
      year old editor at wiki keeps changing things back, and someone
      calling himself MOngo is backing him up. they also have stupid crap
      like porsche designed the yugo motor that they won't take out. they
      have blocked me from editing, so i can't do anymore unless i change
      my isp. i threatened to sue them, and the bad stuff came off. if you
      read the internet articles about wikipedia, you will see they are
      slandering a lot of people. these people know nothing about what they
      talk about, but that does not stop them. they claim anyone can edit
      the pages, but they take this as a direct attack, and erase what you
      do, and attack you. the best way to get them to change it is to use
      their discussion page on the article, and tell them that the untruths
      are a "POV" point of view, and should not be there. you may think the
      jokes and "art" are harmless, but a lot of people have junked their
      yugos because they have been ridiculed. and it makes you car worth
      less money. so, if you have read this far, if you care about TRUTH,
      please help. thank You Jay Pierce
    • Greg W:-)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
        Hiya Jay Pierce

        It is a sad case of when free speach goes wrong.

        The world thinks that just because you can and are allowed to say
        whatever you want makes it OK to do so.

        Those riots and resulting deaths of people over that arabic cartoon
        issue are suposedly in responce to freedom of speach gone wrong., but
        a ballance is needed.
        Really no cartoon could possibly be so bad that people die and cars be
        burnt , property destroyed etc.
        A ballanced point of view is needed on all matters.

        About these jokes and things on Wiki about the Yugo , well , it might
        be hurtfull if you love your Yugo but I wouldnt get too updset over Wiki.

        Wiki has been proven as an unreliable source of information on a few
        accounts (as you said) , so no one realy pays attention to them anymore.
        While living in Australia I had many FIAT's ,and there too in the
        general car loving comunity was a deep hatered of these Italian cars.,
        and all were thought of as junk.

        For some years I tried to dispell th emyths and misconceptions about
        them , but people with rocks in their head never listen.

        I found a better aproach was drag racing.

        Yes , when my 1100cc Fiat 128 sedan with its highly modified engine
        blew the doors off V8 powered Ozzy cars , these idiots soon were quiet.

        Let the horsepower do the talking my friend , because idiots are not
        smart enough to listen !!

        Kind regards to all ...

        gregW:-)

        PS , i wish there was more Yugo activity in here

        --- In YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.com, "orionyugo"

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
          Thanks,
          i do sell a few things on ebay to Aussie X1/9 owners though...

          --- In YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.com, "Greg W:-)"