water injection info

  • Jeff Fahringer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      > i would be interested in some water injection ideas but the head is
      already being worked on its my old race head so it has longer valves and
      its ported quite a bit im just unshrouding the intake valves and going
      with more combustion chamber volume
      > Ryan

      Unshrouding sound good. I should have done that to mine while I had it
      apart. Even if your CR is no longer too high for pump gas, you might still
      be able to take
      advantage of water (water/alcohol) injection by advancing your timing more
      that what you could run without it.

      Here is a link about performance aplications for water injection
      http://www.waterinjection.info/

      Here is some good stuff on octaine ratings and a bit about water injection
      http://www.imoc.co.uk/technical/article/octane.htm#q8

      If ya have a carb, and are looking for MPG, this one may help.
      http://better-mileage.com/water4.html

      Speakin o mileage, Im up to 40mpg with my programable FI 1500 with 10.6:1
      CR and water injection. (over two tanks of gas, mostly highway driving and
      taking it easy) Its also way faster than my carbed 1500 with street
      performance cam which gets around 30mpg.
      Some of the sites say you need a super fine mist for it to work (requiring a
      expensive system you buy from them) but I got anti knock results with a
      system made from old yugo parts and a rubber hose. It dosn't use much water,
      maybe a pint or two per tank o gas.
      I haven't tried water with a carb, so let me know if anyone gives it a
      whirl.
      Jeff
    • james finfrock
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
        thanks for the links and all i might still run water injection if it isnt too high dollar at least on the street car the race car runs 114 leaded fuel so no prolem there
        Ryan