Re: [YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS] Any one wont a set of koni struts?

  • jim kidd
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2004
      So what are you asking for them?

      Jonny Pruitt <yugo88gvx@...> wrote:They are off my old car. One of the rear is blown. I have not taken the time to have them repaired. They have bean off for about a year. They are adjustabal. But you have to remov them from the car to do it. Can be upgraded for only 300 each.

      http://community.webshots.com/album/89372683IHsQRq
      http://www.grmotorsports.com/challenge.php

      Turbo YUGO
      This is my tale of how I plan to build a 1.1L 200fpt YUGO.
      To run at the GRM 2004 Challenge. It is being done as
      I am able to get the parts and time. So, it has no
      specific build order, just a time and money limit.
      (April 2004, $2004 Challenge)
      It all started two years ago I was given a 3K turbo.
      That is why I'm using it. It has bean a pain to work
      with! But it was free.
      I had to design and have adaptor flanges made, one
      for the exhaust and one for the turbo. The exhaust is
      made to match the very common T3, because one day,
      someone may want to build a turbo car, with the
      affordable T3. The adaptor for the 3K is T3, so I
      could use it. After bolting up the turbo and exhaust.
      I was able to see where the lines have to go. For oil
      I ran a line from the oil presure sender. The
      oil drain is made from a 1/2" x 18" flex gas line.A
      �" NA welded to the turbo drain and to the oil pan.
      Coolant is from a line I made in to the thermostat
      housing, and one in the heater hose linewith a tee
      fitting.
      The first test did okay. After installing and
      removing everything to get it to fit, I forgot
      to put a restrictor in the oil line, and blew out
      the oil seals. That was not so bad. What was bad, was
      what I did after I got the turbo off. I broke off the
      impeller nut. That was bad, very bad. You cannot just
      buy a one for the new 3K turbo. So it was off to Ebay.
      I found a core turbo for $33. And now the waiting
      begins...
      I went to 'Joe Boys U Pull It' and found a VW Fox
      that still had a good fuel pump. Popped it out, and
      bought it. Got home with the pump and started the
      install. Designing and fabricating mounts for the pump
      and filter. I found varnish in the tank and all over
      the pickup. The tank had so much rust in it that it
      looked like someone put a bag of corn chips in it. So,
      I took the tank off and cleaned it out with a 3 foot
      chain and some solvent, replaced the rubber fuel
      lines, and installed the VW fuel pump. Then I
      installed a Mallory boost compensated fuel pressure
      regulator. Then I installed the carb that I have
      sealed up, and set idle. All looks good for now.
      later, I installed the sealed carb hat and run some
      boost, and test lines for leaks. There were no leaks
      or burst hoses at 100psi fuel pressure. But I did over
      presser my gage and now it reads 15psi at 0 psi.
      Finally, the new turbo came in! After getting tired
      of having to install the turbo in 2 parts. I found
      that if I rotate the turbo 180 it fit better. It no
      longer rubs the cab. The exhaust can be run without
      any problems(wont have to
      alter the center support). Everything looks like the
      factory may have done it.
      For the oil line I gave up on the ss tubing. Im
      using � hydraulic line. I put a bolt in the with a
      3/64 hole drilled in it, for the restrictor. It is in
      the banjo fitting on the block. So there is only abut
      7psi on the line. I now think that the 3623psi that
      line is rated for is overkill.
      Made the last part of my down pipe, out of
      cardboard. Took it to the muffler shop where they
      bent the pipe to my template.
      Found an intercooler, from a 91 Ford Probe GT.
      After a lot cutting. It now fits! That is after
      removing the fuel pump. And rotating the distributor
      90, so the vac pod is not in the way. Worked on the
      intercooler pluming today, After only
      6hr I have the cooler plumed in. Not happy with it
      but for testing it will be okay. Got every thing
      plumed in nicely. Took car out for
      test drive. Every thing was going great when for no
      reason at 5-7psi the clutch slips. So
      now to replace the clutch. Got a new clutch, throw out
      Bearing and pressure plate. While replacing the clutch
      I had to replace a CV boot.
      Got it all back together. And took it for a test
      drive. The car now explodes when I hit 3psi, and just
      keeps pulling until I run out of fuel. Now, I need a
      larger carburetor. After some research, I learned a
      larger carb is going to cost 500 dollars! MegaSquirt
      is 130, and I have wanted to try EFI for some time
      now, and since I have a YUGO EFI intake that I cant
      use, I decided to try it. So MegaSquirt it is.
      I ordered My MegaSquirt and started the wait. It came
      in 2 weeks, much faster that I thought it would be.
      But
      it took longer to just have the some of the parts from
      Digi-Key delivered, about two days. I had my MS
      assembled I record time, about seven hours, then I
      assembled MegaStimulator, a necessary componenet.
      Got up and stated on the relay board, then the made my
      own DB9 cable. It had to be 15 feet long, as I have no
      lap top PC. Next I went to the auto salvage to get
      wire for my install. While making my harness, I
      decided to use General Motors relays instead of the MS
      unit. Just looked easier for me to use. Got every
      thing installed and then was ready for testing and
      tuning. I was able to get the car running with the MS,
      but tuning was a problem. I did not have a lap top PC
      and no alternator to power an A/C converter.
      It was fun playing with the car until one night the
      battery ran down, and left me stranded.
      And cold. 29F. So I went to work on installing an
      alternator. The problem being that the turbo
      is where the alternation would normally be.
      So, after a bit of seaching, I found space where the
      air pump was supposed to be located. I made a bracket
      that bolts to the water pump housing.
      Now I have a charging system. I aquired an A/C
      converter and browed a lap top PC. MegaSquirt is so EZ
      to setup and tune when you have every thing you need.
      Got my map set and started testing the boost limit.
      The stock Injectors could only handle 5psi. So I
      replace them with 19lb injectors. I still was unable
      to get past 5psi. When ever I got up to 5psi and 5k
      rpm, the engine would not turn any higher rpm.
      Not fun because the engine will rev to 7k rpm usually
      with no problem. Every thing works grate with that one
      exception.
      Went to work on the cars handling. I cut the front
      springs, replaced the bolts on the rear leaf spring to
      lower it. Also, I installed new bushings on the front
      A arm and sway bar, and installed a rear sway bar.
      I took the car on a test drive, and was happy with the
      results.
      To help prepare myself for the racing scene, I went
      to Texas Motor Speedway for a Panoz Racing School
      event, Fast Laps. It's a 'run what you got' type event
      on Texas Motor Speedway's Road course. Each session
      is thirty minutes, then you can go over how to improve
      your times with the instructors. It was full throttle
      nothing under 50mph up to 90mph in my YUGO.
      I ran at 5psi the hole time. 3 sessions at thirty
      minutes each then made The 3+ hr drive home. What a
      Blast!!!!!!! I Loved It!!!!!!! But by heart I am still
      an Auto X man.
      After months of trying to fix my running problem.
      I replace the coil and that's all it took.
      Now I have no RPM limit? Okay maybe I have one 8k?
      Armed with a new coil, I went on a test drive.
      Fiannaly, no more dead zone above 5k rpm.
      For more 'driver tuning' I made a trip to Dallas for
      an Auto X at Pennington Field
      .
      I entered as tSM (street Mod on street tires). I was
      not prepared for how well the car handled, or
      accelerated. The car handled much better than I
      thought it would. The adrenal rush was out of this
      world, and I had a hard time focusing on my driving
      and the course. I was able to finish 13th out of 20!
      Later, after I arrived home, I looked the car over to
      see what to do to improve the handling even more.
      That is when I noticed that the rear sway bar mounts
      had ripped from the car. It had been making a sound
      that I had looked for many times, but could not
      isolate. I had to make repair plates to weld to the
      frame to hold the sway bar, and repair the hole in the
      frame. It is not pretty but it works. Now the car
      should really handle!
      The MegaSquirt worked flawless on the 1000 mile trip.
      To Gainesvill FL. Where I competed in the Kumho Tires
      Grassroots Motorsports $2004 Challenge.
      I had a grate time and made some new friends.
      I some how did not win. I came in 48th out of 77 computers.
      Would have come in 46th. I helped the only other car with
      MegaSquirt get running. So they promptly beat me.
      That's what I call thanks.
      http://community.webshots.com/album/89372683IHsQRq

      jim kidd wrote:
      Hey Jonny,

      You selling both front and rear units,are they adjustable,do the springs come with the front,are they off one of your race cars,how did you do in the Challange?

      Regards,
      Kidd
      down in
      Luling

      Jonny Pruitt wrote:
      I had not come up with a price.
      Did not think any1 would wont them.

      Need to get them off.

      jim kidd wrote:
      Jonny,
      What are you asking for the struts? Do you have front and rear?

      Kidd

      Jonny Pruitt wrote:
      Need cash now:(
      Time to sale off all parts.
      Have 3 or 4 5speed trans.cores may be able to make 1 ot 2.
      And the list goes on an on.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Aca Bilic
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2004
        please change car because yugo is very big shit.you can buy ford focus or something else and you didnt have problem with your car,and please dont send me mesage again because i dont know how i can help you.good bye

      • jim kidd
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2004
          Sorry that somehow messages I post to the group I'm in get to you. Why don't you just put a block on the address??? That's easy to do.

          Aca Bilic <bilke2003@...> wrote:please change car because yugo is very big shit.you can buy ford focus or something else and you didnt have problem with your car,and please dont send me mesage again because i dont know how i can help you.good bye