Valve analysis

  • Kev
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      So I've already established my 87 GV has bent valves. Now I just want
      a professional mechanic to open it up and tell me just how many are
      bent and how many I need to order so my Fiat savvy friend can fix it
      (he doesn't wanna do the analysis, just the repair).

      I realize that getting the engine apart and just looking at the
      valves is quite a job in itself, but it's hard to believe it's going
      to take quite as long as I've been told it's going to take by
      the "pros" I've called.

      So I'm asking you guys: How many hours would you estimate it should
      take a traditional blue collar mechanic of average intelligence to
      open up my Yugo, look at the valves, tell me how many I need, and
      then close her up again? (I speak very broadly when I say "open up",
      I know it's a not as simple as that)

      -Resident Dumbass With Limited Cash
    • Jonny Pruitt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003