TURBO update.

  • yugo88gvx
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      9-18-03

      Found an intercooler today. Its from a 91 Ford Probe GT.
      After a lot cutting. It now fits! That is after removing the fuel
      pump.
      And rotating the distributor 90. So the vac pod is not in the way.

      9-20-03

      Worked on the intercooler pluming today,
      After only 6hr I have the cooler plumed in.
      Not happy with it but for testing it will be okay.

      9-27-03

      Took car out for the first test drive! Did grate up until 5psi.
      It stalls and sputters. I think it is running out of fuel:(
      But Im using the old cap,roter and wires. Ill replace them first.

      9-28-03

      Replaced the cap,roter,wires and plugs. Plugs are 2 stages cooler
      than stock.
      Took it out for a test drive. And it still sputters and stales at
      5psi.
      I now know that it is just out of fuel.

      9-30-03

      I replaced the jets to day. I took the secondary jets and put them in
      the Primary.
      Took the secondary out of a spare carb drilled the main jet out to
      1/16".
      Too it out for a test drive.
      Something after 5psi the dang ting came alive! I had to take my eyes
      of the
      Gages, and look where I was going!

      The carb did not like the added fuel presser. It flooded out and I
      had to walk home
      To get fresh plugs. The carb is a bit pissed. It floods out when the
      pump is on.
      So I had to fill the carb then turn off the pump. Drive till I ran
      out of fuel and refill
      the carb. To get back home:)

      Now to inspect the carb. And add more fuel. More fuel = more boost =
      less time in
      The 1/4 mile. And less time in the Auto X.
    • yugogvxr
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Are you blowing or sucking true carb?Did you index fuel pump to
        overrun pression in the system.Contact Texas Dr.Jacob for turbo
        ignition.

        --- In YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.com, "yugo88gvx"

      • Jonny Pruitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
          Im using a electic fuel pump. And it is a Blow sys.Whear do I find Texas Dr.Jacob ?--- On Wed 10/01, yugogvxr < no_reply@yahoogroups.com > wrote:
          From: yugogvxr [mailto: no_reply@yahoogroups.com]To: YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.comDate: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:24:50 -0000Subject: [YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS] Re: TURBO update.Are you blowing or sucking true carb?Did you index fuel pump to overrun pression in the system.Contact for turbo ignition.--- In YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.com, "yugo88gvx" wrote:> 9-18-03> > Found an intercooler today. Its from a 91 Ford Probe GT.> After a lot cutting. It now fits! That is after removing the fuel > pump.> And rotating the distributor 90. So the vac pod is not in the way.> > 9-20-03> > Worked on the intercooler pluming today,> After only 6hr I have the cooler plumed in.> Not happy with it but for testing it will be okay.> > 9-27-03 > > Took car out for the first test drive! Did grate up until 5psi. > It stalls and sputters. I think it is running out of fuel:( > But Im using the old cap,roter and wires. Ill replace them first.> > 9-28-03> > Replaced the cap,roter,wires and plugs. Plugs are 2 stages cooler > than stock.> Took it out for a test drive. And it still sputters and stales at > 5psi.> I now know that it is just out of fuel.> > 9-30-03> > I replaced the jets to day. I took the secondary jets and put them in > the Primary.> Took the secondary out of a spare carb drilled the main jet out to > 1/16".> Too it out for a test drive.> Something after 5psi the dang ting came alive! I had to take my eyes > of the > Gages, and look where I was going!> > The carb did not like the added fuel presser. It flooded out and I > had to walk home> To get fresh plugs. The carb is a bit pissed. It floods out when the > pump is on.> So I had to fill the carb then turn off the pump. Drive till I ran > out of fuel and refill > the carb. To get back home:) > > Now to inspect the carb. And add more fuel. More fuel = more boost = > less time in > The 1/4 mile. And less time in the Auto X.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • yugogvxr
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
            This is turbo on 1.0 Yugo engine

            http://yugoturbo.itgo.com/index-yugo.html
          • Jonny Pruitt
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
              YEP! 1.1L Untill I find a 1.5--- On Fri 10/03, yugogvxr < no_reply@yahoogroups.com > wrote:From: yugogvxr [mailto: no_reply@yahoogroups.com]To: YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.comDate: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 05:35:05 -0000Subject: [YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS] Re: TURBO update.This is turbo on 1.0 Yugo enginehttp://yugoturbo.itgo.com/index-yugo.html

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor