when do i pick one up for testing in the U.K??!!

  • jason
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      HI
      If eny one from yugo is reading this,then when would you like me
      to come and pick a yugo GTI up so i can test it over here in the U.K
      for when yugos come to the U.K market!!!!!!
      Iam not joking!
      Jason

      Autocross yugo 1500
      fiat x1/9 turbo
    • yugogvxr
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
        --- Zastava is not available in UK,so only you can do testing at
        the factory or purchase car .I'm going to test GTI this month and
        post more photos here.
      • Jeff Fahringer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2003
          I am curious where, or if, the GTI has a spare tire. I have twin webers on
          one of my yugos, so I can not fit my spare where it used to go. Is there
          such thing as a mini spare for yugo/fiat? Even if there was, I need a strut
          tower cross brace, so the tire has to go in the back. Is the GTI a concept
          car? prototype? I do believe some of us want to be able to buy some of the
          bolt on parts. Those front brakes look like a disireable upgrade. (Fiat uno
          turbo brakes?) I could make a strut tower brace if I have to, but if the
          factory is churning them out, I'd rather give them my business. I realize
          the Yugo peformance parts market in the U.S. is a small and shrinking one,
          but every hopped-up or even cared for Yugo is a converstion piece with an
          owner who can silence many a Yugo/Zastava critic. I never met a Yugo hater
          that drove one for 14 years, so I always have that over them. I think it
          would be a good public relations/critic squashing move for Zastava,
          considering it intends to return to the US market. On the other hand I don't
          know much about the difficultys involved, except that bringing in a whole
          car is a lot harder. In any case I wish Zastava the best of luck and hope I
          can help someday.
          Jeff
          > --- Zastava is not available in UK,so only you can do testing at
          > the factory or purchase car .I'm going to test GTI this month and
          > post more photos here.

        • yugogvxr
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2003
            Jeff ,
            Zastava R&D department made only one Gti for Belgrade motor
            show.Plans for production is unknown.Parts for Yugo "In" cam be broth
            hire ,require fitting and lots of work.2 years ago front rear and
            side skirts was $500 fog lights $200 + you need headlights
            assemblies ,different bumper frames and all kind parts.On top of that
            shipping will cost 400-$500.Is better to bay whole car and parted
            out.Who in Usa while spend that kind $?
            Did you noticed reinforcement skis mounted between arm and sway
            bar.This stiffens front end and prevent shock tower from creaking on
            impact.

            --- In YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Fahringer"

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/