  • ric_two
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17 12:35 PM
      Hi,
      Im a Yugo Owner from Germany with a lot of technical Questions.

      I want to plug an Fiat 128 Race engine into my Yugo 65 EFI.
      This Engine was build for Hill Climbing races and is carbureted with
      two sidedraught Webers! To be a little bit street legal, i want to
      plug the Original Multipoint injection on it. Now my Questions:

      Will the engine start for the first time????
      Will the gas mixture be corrected by the computer???
      Will this combination be driveable for street use???
      How can i change the setup for the injection???

      I hope that anyone has an equal setup in his Yugo, so i can use the
      engine without destroying it because it costs EUR 4000.-

      Please excuse my poor english

      Greetings from Hamburg
      Ric
    • charles ortiz
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19 9:04 AM
        ric_two wrote:
        Hi,
        Im a Yugo Owner from Germany with a lot of technical Questions.

        I want to plug an Fiat 128 Race engine into my Yugo 65 EFI.
        This Engine was build for Hill Climbing races and is carbureted with
        two sidedraught Webers! To be a little bit street legal, i want to
        plug the Original Multipoint injection on it. Now my Questions:

        Will the engine start for the first time????
        Will the gas mixture be corrected by the computer???
        Will this combination be driveable for street use???
        How can i change the setup for the injection???

        I hope that anyone has an equal setup in his Yugo, so i can use the
        engine without destroying it because it costs EUR 4000.-

        Please excuse my poor english

        Greetings from Hamburg
        Ric

        HI MY NAME IS CHARLES JANNER

        MY FIRST RECOMENDATION TO YOU IS THAT ONLY USE THE FIAT SHORT BLOCK, WHY? BECAUSE WHATEVER THE FIAT HEAD HAS ALREADY COULD BE UPGRADED BY THE YUGO HEAD. THE YUGO HEAD WILL GIVE YOU BETTER COMPRESION THAN THE FIAT ONE, HAVE BIGGER VALVES FROM FACTORY,AND THE ONLY THIN YOU NEED TO DO IS PORTED AND POLISHED AND WALAAA. IS DONE NO NEED NOTHING ELSE. THE CAM ON THE FIAT HEAD PROVABLY HAVE A POOR TOP END, THAT`S ANOTHER REASON NOT TO USE THA FIAT HEAD. SINCE THAT ENGINE WERE BILT TO HILL CLIMBIG, WERE YOU NO NEED A LOT OF TOP END, BUT NOW YOU WANT SOMETING FOR STREET USE AND IS TOTALY DIFFERENT YOU NEED TOP END TORK FOR THE HIWAYS AND OTHER MAYOR AVENUES. OR YOU MAY BE LOOSING ALOT OF MONEY IN GAS. SO SIPLE USE THE YUGO CAM, HEAD ON THE FIAT ENGINE. NOW EFI VERY INPORTAT. YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE PULLEY FRONTHE CRANKSHAFT OF THE YUGO ENGINE AND PUT IT ON THE FIAT ENGINE. EFI FROM YUGO USE A CRANK TRIGER AND IS ONTHE CRANKSHAFT. YOU HAVE TO USE THE IGNITION SINTEM TO IT WORK TOTALY DIFFERENT THAN THE FIAT ONE, AND IF YOU DO IT LIKE THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM. FOR ANY FUTURE ASSITANCE LET ME KNOW OR CALL ME AT 352-243-8900.

        THANK YOU ..........CHARLES / IMS

      • ric_two
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19 7:13 PM
          --- In YUGORACEANDPERFORMANCECARS@y..., charles ortiz <cjoims@y...>
          wrote:

          > ric_two wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Im a Yugo Owner from Germany with a lot of technical Questions.
          >
          > I want to plug an Fiat 128 Race engine into my Yugo 65 EFI.
          > This Engine was build for Hill Climbing races and is carbureted
          with
          > two sidedraught Webers! To be a little bit street legal, i want to
          > plug the Original Multipoint injection on it. Now my Questions:
          >
          > Will the engine start for the first time????
          > Will the gas mixture be corrected by the computer???
          > Will this combination be driveable for street use???
          > How can i change the setup for the injection???
          >
          > I hope that anyone has an equal setup in his Yugo, so i can use the
          > engine without destroying it because it costs EUR 4000.-
          >
          > Please excuse my poor english
          >
          > Greetings from Hamburg
          > Ric
          >

          > HI MY NAME IS CHARLES JANNER
          >
          > MY FIRST RECOMENDATION TO YOU IS THAT ONLY USE THE FIAT SHORT
          BLOCK, WHY? BECAUSE WHATEVER THE FIAT HEAD HAS ALREADY COULD BE
          UPGRADED BY THE YUGO HEAD. THE YUGO HEAD WILL GIVE YOU BETTER
          COMPRESION THAN THE FIAT ONE, HAVE BIGGER VALVES FROM FACTORY,AND THE
          ONLY THIN YOU NEED TO DO IS PORTED AND POLISHED AND WALAAA. IS DONE
          NO NEED NOTHING ELSE. THE CAM ON THE FIAT HEAD PROVABLY HAVE A POOR
          TOP END, THAT`S ANOTHER REASON NOT TO USE THA FIAT HEAD. SINCE THAT
          ENGINE WERE BILT TO HILL CLIMBIG, WERE YOU NO NEED A LOT OF TOP END,
          BUT NOW YOU WANT SOMETING FOR STREET USE AND IS TOTALY DIFFERENT YOU
          NEED TOP END TORK FOR THE HIWAYS AND OTHER MAYOR AVENUES. OR YOU MAY
          BE LOOSING ALOT OF MONEY IN GAS. SO SIPLE USE THE YUGO CAM, HEAD ON
          THE FIAT ENGINE. NOW EFI VERY INPORTAT. YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE
          PULLEY FRONTHE CRANKSHAFT OF THE YUGO ENGINE AND PUT IT ON THE FIAT
          ENGINE. EFI FROM YUGO USE A CRANK TRIGER AND IS ONTHE CRANKSHAFT. YOU
          HAVE TO USE THE IGNITION SINTEM TO IT WORK TOTALY DIFFERENT THAN THE
          FIAT ONE, AND IF YOU DO IT LIKE THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM. FOR
          ANY FUTURE ASSITANCE LET ME KNOW OR CALL ME AT 352-243-8900.

          > THANK YOU ..........CHARLES / IMS
          >

          > Hi Charles,
          the engine i will put in my Yugo is an professional build uno
          Turbo "racing"(Europe Model) one!!!
          it was rebuild to work very well without the turbo!!!!
          It should have about 130 DIN PS with with two Weber 40 DCOE!!!
          I found domed pistons(about 11:1 or more???), very large valves and a
          very highlift(13mm) cam in it. in the opposite the grinding of the
          ports was not finished. The ports where only made bigger(without
          valve guide cut etc.). So i think that the engine was made for low
          end torque????
          So can the efi imagine that there must be a richer mixture??? Or will
          it burn holes in the pistons.
          I have this engine for a while, and now it must be on the street again
          ;-)
          Next time i will build an yugo engine for street use.

          Thank you
          Ricardo

        • charles ortiz
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 20 8:38 AM
            wrote:

> [...]
            >

            > THANK YOU ..........CHARLES / IMS
            >

            > Hi Charles,
            the engine i will put in my Yugo is an professional build uno
            Turbo "racing"(Europe Model) one!!!
            it was rebuild to work very well without the turbo!!!!
            It should have about 130 DIN PS with with two Weber 40 DCOE!!!
            I found domed pistons(about 11:1 or more???), very large valves and a
            very highlift(13mm) cam in it. in the opposite the grinding of the
            ports was not finished. The ports where only made bigger(without
            valve guide cut etc.). So i think that the engine was made for low
            end torque????
            So can the efi imagine that there must be a richer mixture??? Or will
            it burn holes in the pistons.
            I have this engine for a while, and now it must be on the street again
            ;-)
            Next time i will build an yugo engine for street use.

            HI MAN:

            YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WHIT THE EFI IF YOU USE ALL THE SENSORS FROM THE EFI, TEMPERATURE SENSOR ON THE HEAD, OXIGEN SENSOR ON THE EXAUST, CRANK TRIGER, AND KNOK SENSOR, AND REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN ADJUST THE MIXTURE OF AIR AND GAS AS YOU NEED ON ANY FUEL INJECTOR SISTEM. OR GET A FUEL MANAGEMENT SISTEM, THAT WILL HELP ALOT.AND IF YOU STILL NEED MORE OUT OF THE EFI GET AN UPGRADED CHIP FOR THE ECU. MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE COMPRESION OF THAT ENGINE, QUIET HIGH, SO YOU NEED GOOD OCTANE RATING TO AVOID KNOKING DETONATION THAT COULD COST YOU THE RUIN OF THE ENGINE. IM TALKING PROBABLY MORE THAN 97 OCTANE. I HAVE A YUGO A 1990 GVplus, 1500 X1/9 ENGINE,10.5:1 YUGO HEAD AND EFI, MSD IGNITION SISTEM, CUSTOM EXAUST 4,2 TO MUFFLER TO 3" TIP. A VENOM 400 CHIP MODULE APEIX FUELL MANAGEMENT SIS. SUSPENTION IS KYB AGX`S REAR SWAY BAR FROM A MAZDA 323 STATION WAGON,14" LANCIA WHEELS AND LET ME TELL IS DOING 167 HP AT THE WHEELS. I CAN KILL BIG ENGINES LIKE NOTING. I TELL YOU ALL THIS TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM YOUR COMBINATION THAT SOUN ALOT BETTER THAN MINE, I WISH TO HAVE A UNO TURBO ENGINE. WELL LET ME KNOW HOW THE PROJECT IS GOING OK.

            THANK YOU CHARLES / IMS

          • ric_two
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 20 12:04 PM
              wrote:

> [...]
              YOU STILL NEED MORE OUT OF THE EFI GET AN UPGRADED CHIP FOR THE ECU.
              MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE COMPRESION OF THAT ENGINE, QUIET HIGH, SO YOU
              NEED GOOD OCTANE RATING TO AVOID KNOKING DETONATION THAT COULD COST
              YOU THE RUIN OF THE ENGINE. IM TALKING PROBABLY MORE THAN 97 OCTANE.
              I HAVE A YUGO A 1990 GVplus, 1500 X1/9 ENGINE,10.5:1 YUGO HEAD AND
              EFI, MSD IGNITION SISTEM, CUSTOM EXAUST 4,2 TO MUFFLER TO 3" TIP. A
              VENOM 400 CHIP MODULE APEIX FUELL MANAGEMENT SIS. SUSPENTION IS KYB
              AGX`S REAR SWAY BAR FROM A MAZDA 323 STATION WAGON,14" LANCIA WHEELS
              AND LET ME TELL IS DOING 167 HP AT THE WHEELS. I CAN KILL BIG ENGINES
              LIKE NOTING. I TELL YOU ALL THIS TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA WHAT YOU CAN
              EXPECT FROM YOUR COMBINATION THAT SOUN ALOT BETTER THAN MINE, I WISH
              TO HAVE A UNO TURBO ENGINE. WELL LET ME KNOW HOW THE PROJECT IS GOING

              Hi,
              The EFI in my Yugo is the newest one. It called "Bosch
              Multipoint".This one is an full Management System. But i can't get an
              upgrade Chip. Anyway, i will try to run this engine in my Yugo!!!
              Your setup sounds like mine. I have an 2,5" pipe with Header(4-2-1)
              and "Raptor" muffler ;-)
              The braking system comes from a Uno Turbo with ventilated disc on the
              front and Disc on the rear(not yet). I can have an second engine!!!
              This one is not completed, but all of the parts are included(KS domed
              pistons, highlift cam(solid), shaved and ported Head with big! valves
              etc.
              First i will get the newer emission norm(Euro 2).I Hope they didn't
              find my exhaust pipe. Then i change the engine ;-)

              After this performance, i will upload some pictures.

              Greetings
              Ricardo

            • Jeff Fahringer
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2003
                Is it that you want a five speed?
                Jeff
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 21, 2003
                  I'm not sure what is available in Greece, but I bought a Tachometer (rpm
                  meter) at local auto parts store. It was not made to fit a yugo. It fits
                  (with a little work) all cars. There is a switch on the back that you set
                  for how many cylinders your engine has. Jeff