Conkers!

  • Derek Parkinson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2007
      Yesterday I discovered Cameraria ohridella mines all over my garden
      Horse Chestnut.

      Now is a good time to go and check your local trees.

      The leaf-miners website says they are in Harrogate.

      Have another look Charlie!

      Derek
    • Dave Chesmore
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2007
        Hi Derek, All

        Re: Cameraria ohridella

        I have found them in Harrogate (including Harlow Carr gardens), Holme on
        Spalding Moor, North Cave, South Cave, Brouhg, Cottingham (Hull), Shipley
        and in York at 3 sites (York University, Yorkshire Museum Gardens and York
        Cemetery).

        I am compiling records for Forestry Commission and would welcome and recent
        records. I note that Richard Wilson and Neil & Corinna Gregory have records
        from Kirkstall, Headingly and Temple Newsham. If you are on email, could
        you contact me to let me know if I can pass your records onto FC and if I
        can include them in a paper I am writing.

        Derek, Can I use your record?

        Thanks

        Dave

        Dr David Chesmore, CEnv, FIAgrE, FRES, FIOA

        Senior Lecturer

        Chair of Electronics Board of Studies

        Intelligent Systems Engineering Group

        Department of Electronics

        University of York

        Heslington

        York, YO10 5DD

        Tel: 01904 432394

        Fax: 01904 432335

        Research web page:
        http://www.elec.york.ac.uk/intsys/research/bioApplied/index.shtml

        This Email is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee only. If you
        are not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents nor disclose
        them to any other person and you should immediately notify the sender and
        delete the Email.

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2007
          Glad to be back online....
          Had some active leafmines in car park of Danes Wood, Flamborough Head
          a couple of weeks ago.

          --- In Yorkshiremoths@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Chesmore" <edc1@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Derek, All
          >

          > Re: Cameraria ohridella
          >

          > I have found them in Harrogate (including Harlow Carr gardens),
          Holme on
          > Spalding Moor, North Cave, South Cave, Brouhg, Cottingham (Hull),
          Shipley
          > and in York at 3 sites (York University, Yorkshire Museum Gardens
          and York
          > Cemetery).
          >

          > I am compiling records for Forestry Commission and would welcome
          and recent
          > records. I note that Richard Wilson and Neil & Corinna Gregory
          have records
          > from Kirkstall, Headingly and Temple Newsham. If you are on email,
          could
          > you contact me to let me know if I can pass your records onto FC
          and if I
          > can include them in a paper I am writing.
          >

          > Derek, Can I use your record?
          >

          > Thanks
          >
          > Dave
          >

          > Dr David Chesmore, CEnv, FIAgrE, FRES, FIOA
          >
          > Senior Lecturer
          >
          > Chair of Electronics Board of Studies
          >
          > Intelligent Systems Engineering Group
          >
          > Department of Electronics
          >
          > University of York
          >
          > Heslington
          >
          > York, YO10 5DD
          >
          > Tel: 01904 432394
          >
          > Fax: 01904 432335
          >
          > Research web page:
          > http://www.elec.york.ac.uk/intsys/research/bioApplied/index.shtml
          >

          > This Email is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee only.
          If you
          > are not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents nor
          disclose
          > them to any other person and you should immediately notify the
          sender and
          > delete the Email.
          >
          > _____

        • Derek Parkinson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
            I had a drive for a few miles up Wharfedale today and found tenanted
            mines of Cameraria ohridella at Middleton Woods, Ilkley (VC64) but none
            at Addingham or Bolton Abbey.

            Please feel free to use the information Dave.

            Derek
          • Jill Warwick
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
              Believe me Derek, Charlie and I are looking hard in the Ripon area but
              certainly in my “patch”, there isn’t an abundance of Horse Chestnuts and the
              few I’ve checked are suffering from all sorts of rusts and moulds, but no
              mines!

              Jill W

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2007
                Yee ha!

                One or two affected leaves on horse chestnuts just down the road from
                my house. So that makes it all five VCs then!!

                Cheers

                Charlie

                --- In Yorkshiremoths@yahoogroups.com, "Jill Warwick" <jill@...>
                wrote:

                > Believe me Derek, Charlie and I are looking hard in the Ripon area
                but
                > certainly in my "patch", there isn't an abundance of Horse
                Chestnuts and the
                > few I've checked are suffering from all sorts of rusts and moulds,
                but no
                > mines!
                >

                > Jill W

              • Derek Parkinson
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 16, 2007
                  Cameraria ohridella in all five Yorkshire Vice-counties!

                  There is actually a dearth of conkers on my Horse Chestnut this year.
                  Presumably this is due to weather conditions rather than moths but has
                  anybody else noticed this?

                  Derek