Re: [Yorke_Kits] Re: Important Announcement....

  • MARC WITTEN
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 11, 2008
      Hi Tom,just had a look at your adobe stucture,all i can say is WOW,what an absolute stunner,with so much wealth of detail a modeller/kitbashers dream and so many ways you can adapt it.
      Open one of the front doors,or replace with window or brick it up.Adapt the verandah roof by either removing or halving it,One could add a small leanto to one side,open areas of the roof by removing tiles to show beams etc and turn it into a derelict structure or rundown one.
      To me its a nice structure that would enhance any cameo scene,or railroad junction in some small town,a bit like some of the scenes in some of the John Wayne Films with Dean Martin.
      Well done my friend,
      regards marc.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 11, 2008

        I guess I missed the info on this. I'm a sucker for adobe. Do we know the price, the footprint and........is it going to be sold from stock?

        Colin Claxon

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 11, 2008
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Westfield Weavers" <westfieldweavers@...> wrote:

          > Tom,
          >
          > I guess I missed the info on this. I'm a sucker for adobe. Do we know the price, the
          footprint and........is it going to be sold from stock?

          > Colin Claxon

          First of all, thanks Marc!

          Second, Colin - I will be making a very small run of these to start. The Pickle Works and
          HO Market need to go first. Those should be out next week. I am still awaiting the wood
          but that should come any time now.

          The building is about 4-1/2" by 7" which includes the walk. There will also be a single
          version about 3" wide (one entryway a little later). It will have a flat roof. No price schedule
          yet on either but I should be able to announce when the other kits are out of here very
          soon. When announced I will have it in stock - but very short supply for now. Probably
          about 10 kits or so.

          It will be announced here when ready.