Sketchbooks

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 18, 2004
      Are finished! I will be printing them in the next few days and out
      they will go. Just for the record, there are 38 pages of
      information!

    • rsadams33
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2004
        Tom and all,
        Got Volume I and Volume II this week.
        You never cease to amaze me Mr. Yorke.
        Been following your articles, kits etc.
        in this hobby for 20+ years and have always
        been a supporter of your ventures.
        You've got to do more of these sketchbooks!
        I've already earmarked a dozen projects I need
        to do.
        So back to the workbench.
        Thanks Tom!!
        Dick in Denver
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2004
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "rsadams33"
          <richard.s.adams@c...> wrote:
          > Tom and all,
          > Got Volume I and Volume II this week.
          > You never cease to amaze me Mr. Yorke.
          > Been following your articles, kits etc.
          > in this hobby for 20+ years and have always
          > been a supporter of your ventures.
          > You've got to do more of these sketchbooks!
          > I've already earmarked a dozen projects I need
          > to do.
          > So back to the workbench.
          > Thanks Tom!!
          > Dick in Denver

          Thanks Dick.
          I am collecting projects for Volume Three, but it will take a while
          to get it going. Don't hold your breath. I've got lots of casting to get
          back into first.

          I have completed the little loco on page 22 in Gn15. A really neat
          machine! It could probably be done in On30 using the HO
          Bachmann Trolley. You'd need to modify the superstructure a bit
          because the motor block sticks up farther. Perhaps a tiny Black
          Beetle would do better, but they are more expensive. Better
          runners though!

        • Kurt Johnson
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004

            I received my copies of the sketchbooks today. They're fantastic.
            Please come out with some more volumes (in your spare time).
            Their's a lot of good potential models there.>

            Kurt
          • fbernard@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11, 2005
              Kevin,

              The new ones are #3 and #4. The pair is $45 plus $3.85 postage in the US.

              Frank

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
                Question: What type of stuff are in the first few sketchbooks? I have
                3 & 4, the trucks and structures. Both are great. Wondering what
                else is out there in Tom Yorke sketchbook land. Of course I know that
                one is on Cuban railways, but I can't tell from the pictured covers of
                the others what type of neat stuff is in there.

                Thanks,
                Shawn
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 19, 2006
                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn" <shawnstewart74@...> wrote:

                  > Question: What type of stuff are in the first few sketchbooks? I have
                  > 3 & 4, the trucks and structures. Both are great. Wondering what
                  > else is out there in Tom Yorke sketchbook land. Of course I know that
                  > one is on Cuban railways, but I can't tell from the pictured covers of
                  > the others what type of neat stuff is in there.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Shawn

                  Shawn,
                  The Quitman Grocery isn't ready yet. The first 10 sold were done as a special deal. It will
                  probably be early next year when the "real" run is done. The Pool Hall can still be ordered,
                  but it will be cut off very soon. The total cost is $175.00 post paid to the U.S.

                  The first Sketchbook contains rail car plans such as tank, push cars, small wooden box,
                  two water tanks, an engine "room" and tractor loco, etc. Vol. 2 is full of railcar and loco
                  plans for very small equipment including a cool little snow plow and a crane plus a tall
                  water tank. The Cuban booklet is $4 and is a small book on one line and features many
                  photos and two plans - one steam and one gas speeder.

                  Thanks,
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2007
                    Just finished one of the plans for the new book. Its a Schwartzkopff chain drive steamer.
                    Really cool! I hope to have news very soon as to availability of the volume.

                    Tom
                  • swissmdlr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 8, 2009

                      Can you tell me when the Sketchbooks will be available again? I placed an order for all of them five months ago...haven't seen anything in my mailbox yet.

                      Doug Howard
                      Flora, Indiana