Re: [Yorke_Kits] Building flat in O scale

  • bill davis
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2008
      Well Tom,
      I hope with the exchange deal of the shovel for the building flat we made I'm on the list for the building flat. I have a special place for it on the layout.
      BILL

      Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> wrote: I have put out a feeler to the O scale yahoo group about the building flat that I designed
      some time ago. I would like to fit it into the schedule some place and need to know how
      many people have an interest in it. The Pickle Works and shovel will be done first and the ACS
      #4 will be cast along with the flat. That leaves the Cemetery for the last part of this year.

      If you have an interest in obtaining one of these magnificent kits please send me a personal
      Email at tomyorke@... and get on the tentative list. More info and some photos of
      the completed model with proper signs will follow sometime in the near future.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2008
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, bill davis <billcheri72@...> wrote:

        > Well Tom,
        > I hope with the exchange deal of the shovel for the building flat we made I'm on the list
        for the building flat. I have a special place for it on the layout.
        > BILL

        Bill,
        Yes you are on the list.

        All,
        I hope to get the flat kit out this summer. It may look like a simple kit with a couple of
        parts but that is very deceiving. The parts count now is up to 33! The way the kit is broken
        down will make it easier to paint and also to incorporate your own little changes. If you
        look closely at the photos you will see that the "metal" facade pieces are not quite level.
        This was carefully done to represent an old structure that was starting to "fail". These
        stamped metal pieces on the real thing would sag with age. The building is a frame
        prototype covered with stamped metal siding and trim. The wood framing would rot and
        sag causing the trim covering it to do the same.

        One of the columns has been "damaged" and one of the "storefronts" has been opened up
        with an auto door so now there are two businesses here instead of the three original. The
        hanging metal marquees are not in place yet because the art work isn't done yet but they
        will add a lot more depth to the scene.

        There will be a color booklet included (available as a separate item too) that shows how I
        did what you see. This will be a great instruction booklet on general principles too. I do
        not have a final kit price figured out yet but because of the amount of details and parts it
        won't be $50. It can't but you will get your moneys worth with this one. I have pulled no
        punches with the details. I want this one to be an absolutely top notch offering bested by
        nobody else to date.

        I do have future plans to expand this building into a small block of perhaps three or four
        units. One of these would be a two story with a turret.

        Tom
      • prizziJr
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2008
          Hey Tom,
          Since Bill traded his shovel for a building flat, is the shovel up for
          grabs?? If so, I'll take it.
          Thank you
          John Prizzi
          Wyckoff NJ