Re: RE-ISSUE notice

  • michael lynch
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 31, 2008
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Chose <jerrychose@...> wrote:

      > I'm not exactly clear here. I have ordered the cookhouse and
      cabins. Are these shipping and when is the full payment due.
      > Thank you,
      > Jerry
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Jerry.....whats all packed up and ready to ship is the skellys corner
      bar #141. Got the door i was missing this morning and proceeded to
      pack all the kits. All those with deposits have been notified. I was
      simply letting people know who were humming and hawing about one that
      i do have a few extras for sale.

      RE... The cookhouse and cabins #122--123 re-issue. ALL the castings
      are done, wrapped and ready to go. I am awaiting the massive wood
      order from northeastern scale lumber, should be here in a day or so.
      After i cut and bag all the wood parts , 2- 3 days of work. Its pack
      the kit time then off to the post office to advise everybody what
      their zip code costs them in postal cost.

      Oh, and by the way the skellys kit was finished a month earlier than
      planned. The cookhouse and cabins was not scheduled to be finished
      until mid may >>>>>! I work hard to get the stuff done on time and
      ahead of time.
      madmike3434
    • JEM
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
        I have a better idea, why not take the RE-ISSUE kits and put them on another
        web site, this group and site was started to help Tom sell his kits. I for
        one am tired of hearing about reissues, why not take them someplace else. I
        don't see where this his helping Tom and his sales, its more like a direct
        competition with him.

        Tired of hearing about Re-issues,

        J. Motts

        _____

        #122---123 cookhouse and 2 cabins combo kit. I will have a few extra kits
        left over. The price of $99.50 is now null and void.......the prior offer
        has expired and there is a new price.madmike3434

      • JEM
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
          So what do you want a frickin medal or something. What's your point Mike,
          are you trying to tell the group you're faster than Tom or what, or are you
          just patting yourself on the back.

          J. Motts

          _____

          Oh, and by the way the skellys kit was finished a month earlier than
          planned. The cookhouse and cabins was not scheduled to be finished
          until mid may >>>>>! I work hard to get the stuff done on time and
          ahead of time.
          madmike3434

          _,___

        • michael lynch
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "JEM" <trainnut@...> wrote:

            > I have a better idea, why not take the RE-ISSUE kits and put them on
            another web site, this group and site was started to help Tom sell his
            kits. I for one am tired of hearing about reissues, why not take them
            someplace else. I don't see where this his helping Tom and his sales,
            its more like a direct competition with him.
            > Tired of hearing about Re-issues,
            > J. Motts

            J Motts your such a CLOWN ACT, an absolute KNOW NOTHING, you make me
            LMAOROTF with your zero knowledge bleatings.
            Tom gets a good percentage of each kit sold BOZO and thats a lot of
            $$$$$$$$ in his pocket that he would not otherwise have had all during
            the bad times he was experiencing.

            So get back in your corner and continue sucking your pacifier.!!!!
            madmike3434
          • michael lynch
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "JEM" <trainnut@...> wrote:

              > I have a better idea, why not take the RE-ISSUE kits and put them on
              another
              > web site, this group and site was started to help Tom sell his kits.
              I for
              > one am tired of hearing about reissues, why not take them someplace
              else. I
              > don't see where this his helping Tom and his sales, its more like a
              direct
              > competition with him.
              > Tired of hearing about Re-issues,
              > J. Motts
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

              Its APRIL FOOLS DAY, congratulation J Motts, your the winner !
              madmike3434
            • Elist
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                >J Motts your such a CLOWN ACT, an absolute KNOW NOTHING, you make me
                >LMAOROTF with your zero knowledge bleatings.
                >Tom gets a good percentage of each kit sold BOZO and thats a lot of
                >$$$$$$$$ in his pocket that he would not otherwise have had all during
                >the bad times he was experiencing.
                >
                >So get back in your corner and continue sucking your pacifier.!!!!
                >madmike3434

                Very professional way to handle things <:-|

                Regards,

                Dan

                "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting
                one in a fruit salad."
              • Elist
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                  >J Motts your such a CLOWN ACT, an absolute KNOW NOTHING, you make me
                  >LMAOROTF with your zero knowledge bleatings.
                  >Tom gets a good percentage of each kit sold BOZO and thats a lot of
                  >$$$$$$$$ in his pocket that he would not otherwise have had all during
                  >the bad times he was experiencing.
                  >
                  >So get back in your corner and continue sucking your pacifier.!!!!
                  >madmike3434

                  Very professional way to handle things <:-|

                  Regards,

                  Dan

                  "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting
                  one in a fruit salad."
                • Bryan Weidner
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                    J. Motts and whoever,

                    How about keeping the expert opinions on another website too! I'm not
                    an expert but a fan of Tom York's work and of Mike Lynch's RE-ISSUES
                    TOO! I joined this group for information on both back in June 2007. I
                    have bought from both men and from others a total of 38 York kits in
                    O Scale. How many have you bought in that time period?
                    I actually plan to build them as well; I won't be concerned if they
                    are in nice boxes with official labels either! I'm PATIENT with Tom
                    on completion dates and having Mike Lynch filling orders on RE-ISSUES
                    both helps Tom in terms of filling a demand and income or Tom
                    wouldn't allow it! Tom opened his mouth months back and everyone here
                    trashed him for delays, labels, boxes, type of design or region,
                    scale and then price as in profit (for you collectors of boxes!).
                    Now, you want to jump Mike Lynch for completing projects! If your
                    concerned for Tom's welfare buy double the amount, pay him twice the
                    price and regardless if you like the project or just collect the
                    extras! I have another suggestion, since everyone's opinions caused
                    Tom to consider not doing O scale anymore. KEEP YOUR DUMB ASS
                    OPINIONS TO YOURSELF EXPERT OR JOIN ONE OF THOSE EXPERT MR CLUBS
                    WHERE EVERYONE IS UNHAPPY!!!!

                    Bryan Weidner the rookie!

                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "JEM" <trainnut@...> wrote:

                    > I have a better idea, why not take the RE-ISSUE kits and put them
                    on another
                    > web site, this group and site was started to help Tom sell his
                    kits. I for
                    > one am tired of hearing about reissues, why not take them someplace
                    else. I
                    > don't see where this his helping Tom and his sales, its more like a
                    direct
                    > competition with him.
                    >

                    > Tired of hearing about Re-issues,
                    >

                    > J. Motts
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Nigel Ford
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                      Hey! Simmer down chaps. There are enough wars in the world without another.

                      I am sure all comments were well intentioned if a little ill informed.

                      An amused bystander from England,

                      Nigel

                      http://www.rabble-7mmfigures.co.uk/

                    • JGG KahnSr
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                        I've been in model railroading off and on for over fifty years, and I've noticed that, although the vast majority of fellow modelers are decent and sociable fellows, there are a few who lack basic interpersonal skills. Some are abusive. This is supposed to be a hobby, something with which all of us can relax from the often-unpleasant world where we have to earn our livings. If the kind of intemperate language continues, I really don't need to stay on the list. I suspect there are other members who feel the same but haven't yet taken the time to say as much.

                        Jace Kahn

                        General Manager
                        Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.

                      • Mike Bauers
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                          I swear as I read his post, I was seeing him do that with his tongue
                          out while vigorously wiggling his hands in both his ears.........

                          Best to ya,
                          Mike Bauers
                          Milwaukee, Wi

                        • UncaDuck50@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                            Hey! Simmer down chaps. There are enough wars in the world without another.

                            I am sure all comments were well intentioned if a little ill informed.

                            An amused bystander from England,

                            Nigel
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Agreed, Nigel !

                            I, speaking just for myself, am in full support of anything on this
                            list that helps Tom keep producing all his great stuff, especially for
                            O scale !

                            My belief is that Mike is performing a valuable service-
                            a ) The cash flow generated helps keep Tom in business.
                            b ) Kits that many of us missed out on years ago, we now
                            have the opportunity to purchase at a "non-collector" price.

                            c ) The photos give kit BUILDERS a look at a well finished kit,
                            many times with ideas for alternative details, finishes,etc.

                            d ) Tom is freed up to get caught up on more recent projects,
                            and has more time to create new and exciting things for us
                            to drool over.

                            Thanks to both Mike and Tom for bringing this win/win/win idea to fruition !!
                            my 2 centavos, not adjusted for inflation & taxation.
                            Doug Rowe
                            P.S. The collectors win too, because they can still sell their "originals"
                            in the original boxes on E-bay, and these re-issues help draw more attention
                            to them.

                            Home.

                          • Mike Conder
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                              Wasn't this just an April Fool's thing between a couple of friends? I
                              surely didn't take it seriously ....

                              Mike Conder

                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Conder" <vulturenest1@...>
                                wrote:

                                > Wasn't this just an April Fool's thing between a couple of
                                friends? I surely didn't take it seriously ....

                                > Mike Conder
                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                Dead wrong mike condor......this is the second time that THE TROLL =
                                J MOTTS , has come out of no where and attacked me in this group for
                                no reason.
                                No idea what sets him off.......full moon ? Roid rage?
                                so i offer these possible explanations;
                                Maybe they would not allow him on the Jerry Springer show?
                                Maybe somebody swiped his favorite THONG off his laundry line?
                                Maybe the dry cleaner messed up his pink TUTU.
                                Maybe the post office did not get his welfare cheque to him on time.

                                whatever it is no doubt he will be back again.?
                                Same bat time, same bat channel, beware the TROLL.
                                madmike3434