On30 Steel Box Car Weight

  • kevin44sivils70816
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2004
      Any suggestions on how much weight should be added to one of Tom's
      small On30 steel box cars? I added a PBL box car weight to mine and
      it still seems too light - plus it was a royal pain to trim the
      weight.

      I ultimately want to be able to run trains that are 10-12 cars long
      with short cars like Tom's mixed in with larger Bachmann cars - and
      with a combine and coach at the end to make it a mix.

      Suggestions or comments based on experience would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Kevin S.
    • Craig Kanewske
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2004
        Kevin--

        If you plan on running different sizes and manufacturer's cars in the same
        train--I would try to get them to all weigh about the same. A car that is
        lighter or heavier than the rest can cause problems on curves or if being
        pushed. It sounds like you're mainly going to be running Bachmann--make
        their weight "your standard"..

        Craig Kanewske