Model- T railcar

  • Michael Greene
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
      Guys 'n' Gals,
      Those on the Conspiracy know of Allen and cohort's railtruck/railcar
      challenge before the holidays. Well, I'm happy to say that inspired
      me to the workbench. Time constraints prevented me from making the
      contest, but I've been having fun thanks to that and som inspiration
      from Tom, and all of you who post such wonderful work.
      I've decided to post some pics as a preview so I will continue to
      completion. Some goose parts from Weiseman, a scratched frame,
      bearing blocks, rail sweepers, levers, etc, coffee sticks, rail,
      brass, styrene, etc. I've had a blast so far and have been getting my
      modeling skills honed back to my satisfaction, so there...I've put it
      out there.
      Power will be from a trailing tool car (ala EBT) with a Bachmann
      speeder drive, TCS DCC decoder, and lights. More details to finish,
      and am practicing some painting and rusting on less important items
      before sending this gal to the paint shop.
      Thank you to all for nudging me out of the lurking status...
      Michael
      State College, PA
    • Michael Greene
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
        Sorry..forgot the link.
        Look for pics in rockrailsnsnow album
        <http://tinyurl.com/2uzsun>
        Cheers,
        Michael
        State College, PA
      • Les
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
          Michael,
          Thats going to be a great little speeder, I am sorry you missed the
          contest. I got to ride upfront in the goose at Durango, I can tell you
          that the driver, would need a good seat, something to hold on to in the
          cab area, those rides are bumpy and rocky (thats why the called them
          waddling goose). He will need a bell, lever move the flanger up and
          down and lever for the brakes.

          Looking forward to see the finish,

          Les, aka Junkamn

          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Greene" <prrk4@...> wrote:

          > Sorry..forgot the link.
          > Look for pics in rockrailsnsnow album
          > <http://tinyurl.com/2uzsun>
          > Cheers,
          > Michael
          > State College, PA

        • Michael Greene
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
            He will need a bell, lever move the flanger up and
            > down and lever for the brakes...
            <<snip>>
            ...brakes!!???
            Oh yeah, howzabout just dragging a foot in the ballast...or even
            better yet a big chain and land anchor <vbg>
            OK, shes got brakes now and a lever worthty of a SF cable car.
            Still haven't found anything that suits me for a folded/coiled canvas
            belt on the rear deck for the PTO. Perhaps if I find the right sized
            rubber band.
            Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration...I think I forgot to
            mention that the idea was from Tom's #3 sketchbook.
            Cheers,
            Michael
          • Dave Wingrove
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
              Michael,
              As one of the cohorts it is extremely gratifying to see the results
              of your inspiration. I am especially pleased to hear about a pusher
              car since that was my contribution to the Portland seminar.
              You have a great little railcar going there and I look forward to
              seeing the rest of the project.
              I wonder if flatened solder might make your PTO belt? Or isn't
              there something called ribbon solder too that is flat? Just some
              thoughts.

              GL!
              Cheers,
              Dave Wingrove