New Plan Booklet Available Soon

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5 8:10 AM
      Greetings all,
      First, let me thank all of you who sent along well wishes. Much
      appreciated. I am home and hobbling around some with my
      walker. Incidently, the gauge of which (if it had flanged wheels) is
      just about 24". So, I guess you could say, I have a narrow gauge
      walker!

      Now to more important things. There is a new plan book taking
      shape now. Its the only thing I can do right now anyway! It will
      feature Gn15 locos, rolling stock and some tiny structures. All
      plans as well as being in 1/2" scale will also be represented in
      1/4" scale for those so inclined. Some fiddling may need to be
      done to get things to work in On30 or so, but it still should be
      pretty easy for those who follow that gauge/scale. Save or collect
      those Bachmann HO trollie mechanisms for On30 work. The
      Gn15 equipment will utilize eather a Black Beetle or the
      Bachmann On30 Trolley mechanism, as well as a few others.

      Should be available around Narrow Gauge Convention time.

      Happy 4th, all....
      Tom
    • Craig Kanewske
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6 7:06 AM
        YEAH, TOM'S BACK!!!

        take it easy on the curves, Tom--we don't want you to derail.

        Craig Kanewske

        >First, let me thank all of you who sent along well wishes. Much
        >appreciated. I am home and hobbling around some with my
        >walker. Incidently, the gauge of which (if it had flanged wheels) is
        >just about 24". So, I guess you could say, I have a narrow gauge
        >walker!
        >
        >Now to more important things. There is a new plan book taking
        >shape now. Its the only thing I can do right now anyway! It will
        >feature Gn15 locos, rolling stock and some tiny structures. All
        >plans as well as being in 1/2" scale will also be represented in
        >1/4" scale for those so inclined. Some fiddling may need to be
        >done to get things to work in On30 or so, but it still should be
        >pretty easy for those who follow that gauge/scale. Save or collect
        >those Bachmann HO trollie mechanisms for On30 work. The
        >Gn15 equipment will utilize eather a Black Beetle or the
        >Bachmann On30 Trolley mechanism, as well as a few others.
        >
        >Should be available around Narrow Gauge Convention time.
        >

        >Happy 4th, all....
        >Tom

      • Ted McCormack
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13 8:24 AM

          I have been overwhelmed by the excellent quality of the two kits of
          yours that I have purchased and may be interested in the plan
          booklet.

          Beyond your brief description of the features, can you be a little
          more specific as to what plans will be included? Perhaps a list, or
          some examples, or a "table of contents" of the plans? Have you
          decided on binding? Spiral, so that it can lay flat on the
          workbench? One staple in the corner would be just as good. Sorry
          to ask so many questions. Wish you a speedy recovery.

          Ted McCormack
          Richmond, VA

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 13 9:13 AM
            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ted McCormack"
            <tedmac@e...> wrote:
            > Tom,
            >
            > I have been overwhelmed by the excellent quality of the two kits
            of
            > yours that I have purchased and may be interested in the plan
            > booklet.
            >
            > Beyond your brief description of the features, can you be a little
            > more specific as to what plans will be included? Perhaps a
            list, or
            > some examples, or a "table of contents" of the plans? Have
            you
            > decided on binding? Spiral, so that it can lay flat on the
            > workbench? One staple in the corner would be just as good.
            Sorry
            > to ask so many questions. Wish you a speedy recovery.
            >
            > Ted McCormack
            > Richmond, VA

            Ted,
            Sure. It will be as the first Volume was (which I might add is atill
            available - again for $15) - loose leaf, but no holes punched.
            This will allow the buyer to bind it as they wish. Loose leaf,
            spiral, whatever.
            Contents - well, let's see.........Three funky steam locos,
            freelance, but Shay/Climax-type with wooden frames and 4
            wheels. Another steamer that is very different looking - and
            prototype! Several flat cars of various styles, gondolas, two tank
            cars, one 4 wheel, the other from Guatamala and 8 wheel, a
            caboose, a tiny 4 wheel crew car, a critter, several "tool box" cars,
            a baby snow plow, a water tank and a factory front elevation and
            3/4 view. There's more, but I don't have it in front of me now. Lots
            of drawings. A few only for Gn15 and a few only for On30/On3,
            but most able to be used by any small narrow gauge. Just widen
            the cars a little.

            Does that interest you enough?

          • Don Winter
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 13 10:22 AM
              Sure piques my interest. I'll build em all in 1:20.3!

              Don Winter
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 13 11:47 AM
                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Don Winter"
                <guaruba@c...> wrote:
                > Sure piques my interest. I'll build em all in 1:20.3!
                >
                > Don Winter

                Don,
                They would be the focal point of any large scale gathering! Not
                too much you'd need to do to enlarge them a little. And, they are
                pretty easy to build. Hardest part would be the plumbing for the
                boilers. I think when people finally see these things in 3D, they're
                gonna' flip!

              • Don Winter
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 13 12:11 PM
                  Tom, as you know I have lots of parts around here! LOL

                  Don