Argent kit

  • kevin44sivils70816
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2004
      Tom,

      Are you making any progress on the kit to convert the BLI C-16 or a
      Bachmann 2-6-0 to an "Argentlike" woods locomotive?

      Just curious.

      My "Argentlike" 2-6-0 has its cabbage stack, DCC decoder in the
      boiler, reverse headlight on the cab roof, is getting modified to
      have a "steel cab," and will soon have On3 couplers at On3 height,
      if I can figure out how to do it.

      I have parts on hand from PSC and The Back Shop to change tender
      trucks and raise the tender and add footboard pilots, plus a pilot
      deck sandbox. It will get air brakes and a few other modern parts
      the Argent never spent money on.

      Am at a loss though how to get the tender to look like an Argent
      woods locomotive other than adding some foil with rivets to fill up
      the rusted out areas. No siphon with piping or metal extended wood
      bunker.

      Kevin S.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "kevin44sivils70816"
        <ksivils@h...> wrote:
        > Tom,
        >
        > Are you making any progress on the kit to convert the BLI C-16
        or a
        > Bachmann 2-6-0 to an "Argentlike" woods locomotive?
        >
        > Just curious.

        Kevin,
        Glad you asked that. I have decided not to go ahead with that
        project at this time because I do not think there is enough
        interest in it. Sorry to be the messenger of bad news. Seems
        strange to me, but those E/T house cars did very poorly - the
        ones that fit the Bachmann logging flats. I don't think it has to do
        with little interest in logging. I think too many things are available
        to the On30 crowd right now. I intend to concentrate on Hn15
        and HO items for now, after the #107 and Cemetery are out the
        door. Speaking of which -- where are my Grandt doors and
        windows? They still have not arrived.