Pickapecka Pickle Works - Pics posted

  • sjtlrr
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10 7:36 PM
      To All,

      I have posted two pis of the upcoming O scale kit by Tom. It is the
      Pickapecka Pickle Works. One photo is the color artist rendering of
      the front of the building. The other is the drawing for the rear.
      This model is going to be a knockout!!! Tom will follow up with more
      details regarding pricing and availability. This kit is mostly
      hydrocal with some resin parts.

      Frank
    • michael lynch
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10 8:23 PM
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "sjtlrr" <fbernard@...> wrote:

        > To All,
        >
        > I have posted two pis of the upcoming O scale kit by Tom. It is the
        > Pickapecka Pickle Works. One photo is the color artist rendering of
        > the front of the building. The other is the drawing for the rear.
        > This model is going to be a knockout!!! Tom will follow up with more
        > details regarding pricing and availability. This kit is mostly
        > hydrocal with some resin parts.

        > Frank
        >xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Looks really great when you copy the pictures into your files and then
        zoom in on the drawings. Lets hope this is a winner. madmike3434
      • Craig Kanewske
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11 7:54 AM
          Frank: thanks for posting the renderings.

          Tom: another great looking building! I really like the slope-to-the-rear,
          the tanks, lean-to with stack, and the front facade. Perfect for a
          JALAPENO PEPPER Works.;-} And that color rendering is really nice---mind
          sharing some about the medium and the technique? (I'm a
          ink-and-studio-markers kind of a guy----fast, but it lacks the depth and
          texture of your method.)

          Looks like the main building is about 16' wide---is that correct?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 11 8:57 AM
            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Kanewske" <kanewske@...> wrote:

            > Frank: thanks for posting the renderings.
            >
            > Tom: another great looking building! I really like the slope-to-the-rear,
            > the tanks, lean-to with stack, and the front facade. Perfect for a
            > JALAPENO PEPPER Works.;-} And that color rendering is really nice---mind
            > sharing some about the medium and the technique? (I'm a
            > ink-and-studio-markers kind of a guy----fast, but it lacks the depth and
            > texture of your method.)
            >
            > Looks like the main building is about 16' wide---is that correct?
            >
            > Craig Kanewske

            Craig,
            Its 18' wide. Just a word here - My part of this kit is done (except for packing). The kit is
            being cast by helper elves so I don't waste time and can continue on with the back orders!
            I will have further to say about the Pickle Works soon.

            The rendering is all markers. I used to hate to use them because I didn't understand how
            to use them. The key is to use very light colors first and build up to the final color - just
            like painting/staining my kit walls. Use similar light colors at first. I work on top of a Xerox
            copy on good coated stock. The colors "slide" better that way. My commercial art
            classmates used to think I was nuts using chrome coat for marker roughs. They thought it
            was only for finished renderings! Not so.

            Tom
          • Chuck Doan
            Message 5 of 6 , May 11 9:53 AM
              Thanks for the artwork info Tom! I've always enjoyed your sketches and
              drawings.

              CD

              > The rendering is all markers. I used to hate to use them because I
              didn't understand how
              > to use them. The key is to use very light colors first and build up
              to the final color - just
              > like painting/staining my kit walls. Use similar light colors at
              first. I work on top of a Xerox
              > copy on good coated stock. The colors "slide" better that way. My
              commercial art
              > classmates used to think I was nuts using chrome coat for marker
              roughs. They thought it
              > was only for finished renderings! Not so.
              >

              > Tom

            • Larry R
              Message 6 of 6 , May 11 2:48 PM
                sjtlrr wrote:

                > To All,
                >
                > I have posted two pis of the upcoming O scale kit by Tom. It is the
                > Pickapecka Pickle Works. One photo is the color artist rendering of
                > the front of the building. The other is the drawing for the rear.
                > This model is going to be a knockout!!! Tom will follow up with more
                > details regarding pricing and availability. This kit is mostly
                > hydrocal with some resin parts.

                > Frank

                Frank,

                Thanks very much for posting the pics. I better start saving for this
                one. Could I ask a favor? Would it be possible to post a larger pic of
                the rear of the model? These old eyes are having a problem with the one
                you posted.

                Thanks again,
                Larry

                --
                Larry Rickert
                Brooklyn, USA

                On30 Model Railroading Resource Center:
                http://on30center.com

                "It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
                distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
                - Mark Twain