Re: [Yorke_Kits] Re:--score update +A

  • ballen@kelty.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
      Mike, I am looking foreword to the round house and boiler house.

      Buzz Allen
      ballen@...

      Ray....Me too, i chose them because of the tremendous style character
      in the structures, they ultimately say what toms ability to create is
      all about, without being derelict.
      I also have #109 the "two story store & boarding house", also the
      #113 3 stall engine house with the #114 boiler house . I would also
      like to see the #118 Cut stone and brick bank , which i do not have.
      Lastly the #117 rubbles depot, its just too cute to not want one on a
      layout or even just as a diorama.
      mike

      .

    • michael lynch
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, ballen@... wrote:

        > Mike, I am looking foreword to the round house and boiler house.
        >
        > Buzz Allen
        > ballen@...

        Well Buzz....i will do a small run of them both if there is enough
        interest. Those very large walls will consume a large amount of dow
        corning rubber to make the molds and its VERY expensive.

        Basically its 4 side walls and 3 end walls in hydrocal . By switching
        one of the walls from the other side to the other it could easily be
        stretched to accomodate ON3 or On30 RGS K series locos.

        Last one of these roundhouse or engine house yorke kits went for
        $380.00 + with the boiler house going for $175.00 , on ebay.

        I say roundhouse, because it could easily be built as either a
        roundhouse leading to a turntable as plans or could be built as an
        engine house 3 stall. By offering an extra rear back wall section
        casting, the building could be built to accomodate as many bays as
        one wanted.

        I could re make these to sell for significantly less, but again need
        at least 15 people to say , ya put me down and then send a deposit
        when asked for.

        okay who is interested in the egine house #113 + power house #114 as
        a kit....madmike3434
      • Ray Keck
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
          Mike-

          I have the (now discontinued) Downtown Deco brick engine house and
          I'm
          doing just what you suggest: I'm using extra wall sections to turn
          it
          into a roundhouse. I've been trying different configurations and
          numbers of stalls in CADD and stealing some framing ideas from CC
          Crow.

          So I'm covered for loco shelter and maintenance, but still hankering
          for a Lakeside Grocery for the Chinese neighborhood of my planned
          layout. I plan to name it for the real store that Steinbeck wrote
          about in "Cannery Row": Wing Chong's Market.

          Ray

          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "michael lynch" <mike350@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, ballen@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Mike, I am looking foreword to the round house and boiler house.
          > >
          > > Buzz Allen
          > > ballen@
          >
          > okay who is interested in the egine house #113 + power house #114
          as
          > a kit....madmike3434

        • michael lynch
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@...> wrote:
            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
            >RAY.........that one picture showing the 4 stall EH as opposed to a
            roundhouse with all the detail and post and beam should be enough to
            have you going gung ho full steam ahead.
            How about a sonora store as a chineese laundry on one side and food
            on the other?
            madmike3434
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
            Mike-

            > I have the (now discontinued) Downtown Deco brick engine house and
            > I'm doing just what you suggest: I'm using extra wall sections to
            turn it into a roundhouse. I've been trying different configurations
            and numbers of stalls in CADD and stealing some framing ideas from CC
            > Crow.
            > So I'm covered for loco shelter and maintenance, but still
            hankering for a Lakeside Grocery for the Chinese neighborhood of my
            planned layout. I plan to name it for the real store that Steinbeck
            wrote about in "Cannery Row": Wing Chong's Market.
            > Ray
          • Ray Keck
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
              Mike-

              I'm all for pushing those Sonora Store kits (I see all of your Ebay
              listings) but one is enough for me! I still have an unbuilt one.

              Now a Feed Store and Annex I could go for.... or the Borscht Building?

              Ray

              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "michael lynch" <mike350@...> wrote:

              > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@> wrote:
              >> How about a sonora store as a chineese laundry on one side and food
              > on the other?
              > madmike3434

            • michael lynch
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@...> wrote:

                > Mike-
                > I'm all for pushing those Sonora Store kits (I see all of your Ebay
                > listings) but one is enough for me! I still have an unbuilt one.
                > Now a Feed Store and Annex I could go for.... or the Borscht Building?
                > Ray
                ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                Sorry ray, not on my radar screen.....they do not have enough character
                for my tastes.......mike
              • Frank Bernard
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Ray,

                  Tom has already re-released the Feed Store and Feed Store annex a few years
                  ago. I agree that the Borscht building is a great kit. I have one and love
                  it. I am looking forward to building it.

                  Frank

                  _____

                  > I'm all for pushing those Sonora Store kits (I see all of your Ebay
                  > listings) but one is enough for me! I still have an unbuilt one.
                  > Now a Feed Store and Annex I could go for.... or the Borscht Building?
                  > Ray
                  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                  Sorry ray, not on my radar screen.....they do not have enough character
                  for my tastes.......mike

                • billsfun60516
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Mike,
                    If this were in HO, I would be in.
                    Bill
                  • Murray & Emma Scholz
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                      In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com mike350@ wrote

                      > Well Buzz....i will do a small run of them both if there is enough
                      > interest. Those very large walls will consume a large amount of dow
                      > corning rubber to make the molds and its VERY expensive.
                      >
                      > Basically its 4 side walls and 3 end walls in hydrocal . By switching
                      > one of the walls from the other side to the other it could easily be
                      > stretched to accomodate ON3 or On30 RGS K series locos.
                      >
                      > Last one of these roundhouse or engine house yorke kits went for
                      > $380.00 + with the boiler house going for $175.00 , on ebay.
                      >
                      > I say roundhouse, because it could easily be built as either a
                      > roundhouse leading to a turntable as plans or could be built as an
                      > engine house 3 stall. By offering an extra rear back wall section
                      > casting, the building could be built to accomodate as many bays as
                      > one wanted.
                      >
                      > I could re make these to sell for significantly less, but again need
                      > at least 15 people to say , ya put me down and then send a deposit
                      > when asked for.
                      >
                      > okay who is interested in the egine house #113 + power house #114 as
                      > a kit....madmike3434

                      Mike could you give us the dimensions of the walls ie. height and length of
                      the engine house and an approximate price

                      Thanks

                      Murray Scholz

                      visit my model railway at
                      http://bogongandgeehi.blogspot.com/
                    • michael lynch
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                        .

                        > Mike could you give us the dimensions of the walls ie. height and
                        length of
                        > the engine house and an approximate price
                        > Thanks > Murray Scholz
                        > visit my model railway at
                        > http://bogongandgeehi.blogspot.com/

                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Murray...the pair of side walls measure 17 3/16" from end to
                        end.....front height is 5 1/2' pitching down too 5" at the rear.
                        Each rear wall section (3) 2 of them measures 5 1/2" wide and the
                        centre one is 5" for a total of 16" roughly. The ROUNDHOUSE front
                        door openings is 11 5/8 outside of the walls to outside. Or 17 3/8
                        if made as a 3 stall ENGINEHOUSE straight across the front.

                        The mold rubber i use from dow corning is VERY expensive and these
                        are very large walls and will consume a lot of rubber. The thickness
                        of the walls is 3/4" thick. I would expect this to be somewhere
                        between $200.00---250.00 for the engine house and the #114 machine
                        shop or boiler house.
                        madmike3434
                      • UncaDuck50@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                          LAKESIDE GROCERY 7, SKELLYS CORNER BAR 2.......654 members and only
                          this small amount of interest ???...mike
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

                          Mike-

                          I don't know about other folks situations, but Christmas was
                          just a month ago, and the price of gasoline and heat is back up,
                          so discretionary income is a tad low at this point in time. While I
                          do have some interest, it would be wrong for me to lead you down
                          the garden path - because in all honesty I will probably not be purchasing
                          either of these great kits anytime soon. A large portion of my
                          discretionary
                          funds for 2007 would be required to fulfill a desire I've had for years to
                          ride the
                          Maine 2-footers- if I don't go to the convention in Portland this year, I
                          may never
                          get there.

                          So speaking just for myself, I do appreciate what you are doing, and the
                          opportunity to build some of these great kits, ".....but I have promises to
                          keep, and miles to go before I sleep.." ( Robert Frost )

                          Best wishes to you and Tom in this endeavor - hopefully the economy
                          will pick up and allow more of us to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

                          Doug Rowe

                          '