Limited edition kits....

  • David Michailof
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
      I can see the points that both Mike and Paul are making. One thing I
      think has been overlooked is that the re issues are not identical to
      the original Kits. They are more "inspired by" than a straight out
      re-release.

      In the original ads the kits are advertised as limited run, but this
      does not clearly imply that there will never be an additional run.

      As long as the second run of the kits are clearly marked as different
      from the original run there should be no issues for either collectors
      or builders. Mike is marketing his kits as a Tom Yorke/Madmike
      production. He is not using copies of the original boxes, he is not
      downplaying his involvement and he is altering the kits to
      differentiate from the first run. I really don't see a problem here.

      To be honest, I am really looking forward to the re release of the
      Pool hall but I think the changes made in the kit detract from the
      original design (sorry Tom! but let me be clear it's like comparing
      gold and platinum, I wouldn't turn down either). I can never afford
      an original and am going to be very happy with the kit I recieve. I
      can't see the new kits bringing down the value of the old.

      Lastly, Tom has busted his *** designing these kits for the
      railroading community for very limited returns. Reissue's may be the
      closest thing to a 401K you get in this field. Why should he be
      deprived of a decent living?

      Dave
    • Terry
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
        AMEN!

        It's all fun....
        Terry
      • Paul Cesak
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
          Well,
          I guess I'm in the minority here. I'll be dumping all the rest of the
          TY kits I have on ebay. Some are really old. Too bad.

          Pc
        • michael lynch
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2007
            --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Cesak" <pcesak@...> wrote:

            > Well,
            > I guess I'm in the minority here. I'll be dumping all the rest of the
            > TY kits I have on ebay. Some are really old. Too bad.
            > Pc

            Paul, why dump your kits, makes no sense. You said your going to build
            them not collect them for their resale value. Those old kits are
            wonderful and you should feel lucky to have acquired them all. Many
            others coming into the On2-30-3 scale might never get to acquire and
            build them without really having to go to war on ebay. They will make
            great layout structures.
            Just because i may or may not re-issue very small re-runs of a few of
            them is no reason to go off the deep end..... madmike3434