Re: Limited Edition Kits

  • Ray Keck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
      Paul-

      I see both your points. We're all "collector's" until we build a given
      kit in our collection.

      I, too, have purchased FSM and other limited edition kits on Ebay.
      When I switched from HO to O, I was pleased when I recouped
      my "investment" in rare kits. Had I been undermined by a re-release, I
      still would have sold them, but not for as much.

      At the same time, I am thrilled to have, for example, a TY Pool Hall,
      which I never could have afforded if I had to outbid the rich folks on
      Ebay.

      If I'm lucky enough to be able to have a Boarding House and Lakeside
      Grocery without spending my annual model budget on each, I'll be
      thrilled. And these are STILL rare enough that they're fetching nice
      sums on Ebay. Not all kits will ever be re-run, anyway.

      Ray