The special kit

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2006
      ................. I guess this is the way it should be done. Those who have sent in a $100 donation
      (for lack of the correct word on my part) will receive next year a special edition of a kit which
      will also be available as a standard one (less the special additions, number and signature) for
      their thoughtfulness (and ability to do so). I thank them greatly, but I also am indebted to all
      of you who are my customers whether you were able to contribute funds or not. Your words
      of encouragement mean a lot too. I will keep the special kit open until Tuesday, October 2 for
      those that may want to add their names to the list. Those of you that cannot or choose not
      to, don't worry as the "un"special kit will be announced next year for everybody. The special
      ones will go out first and mark the availability of the standard one. Does that sound fair and
      reasonable? I have an obligation to all of my customers and I aim to fill it even though it will
      take many months yet. I so look forward to the day when I am caught up and can run this
      thing the way it is supposed to be run.

      Thank you all,

      Tom
    • Frank Pearsall
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
        Good morning all:

        First off, it's nice to see the generosity and support that Tom has
        received from this list. Not all of us can afford the $100., but I
        didn't look at that in a nasty, sarcastic or cynical way. I'm glad
        we've got the people in this great hobby that can do it! For me, I
        went to the list to see what I could personally afford to buy and
        support Tom.

        Having said that, it's time for a big-time plug. As most of you know,
        I put on Narrow Trak every year here in Brevard. Tom comes and
        exhibits and always puts on a seminar. This year it will be on making
        resin to look like wood or metal. At his table, he always has a whole
        bunch of his goodies for sale. This year, I will have to look closer!
        He also (at his table) has a running seminar on painting and
        weathering something or other.

        What follow now is a silly statement as approved by the Ministry of
        Silly Walks: I had thought of requiring Tom to bring all his casting
        equipment so that we could keep him turning out kits so he wouldn't
        be goofing off here at Narrow Trak. But, well, never mind... End of
        silly statement.

        Anyway, I usually mention Tom in the general announcement about
        Narrow Trak that I put out to most all the lists every month, but it
        might get lost in there. I'll be putting it out as usual next week
        some time. Things are shaping up nicely and I thank all of that have
        pre-registered although you can certainly register at the door. We've
        got some great seminars (even I'm going to do one on Sanborn Fire
        Insurance Maps) and I've got the pleasant problem of dealing with too
        little space for all the modules that are coming. I want to thank
        Rick Perry (the one, the only Alabama version) for registering with
        cash (a $20 bill), although the lady at the bank wasn't too sure if
        she could take Confederate money...

        For those of you that haven't decided to come yet, please do so and
        join us. We're in a good location and distance traveled doesn't seem
        to be a problem for some, especially as Bob Peterson is coming down
        from Michigan and it looks like the Florida contingent will be
        strong. We have a great time and the wives love it here (if that's a
        prerequisite for you to come). Several weeks ago, I received a call
        from one of the previous attendee wives and she wanted some
        information about certain attractions she missed last year.

        For those of you that came last year and had such a great time at the
        Cattlemen's Beef Barbecue Dinner at Brevard High School on Saturday
        night, no go this year. They moved it to a later weekend. Never fear,
        I have some other neat things that might appeal to you.

        I will not be bringing the Underground Railway Press plans, as I
        simply won't have time to do that and run the convention. If you want
        something specific from the catalog (which I just know in my heart of
        hearts you all have), let me know and I'll bring it for you.

        Frank Pearsall
        Brevard, N.C.
        Less than 15 days until Narrow Trak 06 (October 13, 14)

        On Sep 29, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Tom Yorke wrote:

        > ................. I guess this is the way it should be done. Those
        > who have sent in a $100 donation
        > (for lack of the correct word on my part) will receive next year a
        > special edition of a kit which...
        >
        > Thank you all,

        > http://www.thomasayorke.com/

      • Rick Perry
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Frank Pearsall <plans@...> wrote:
          I want to thank
          > Rick Perry (the one, the only Alabama version) for registering with
          > cash (a $20 bill), although the lady at the bank wasn't too sure if
          > she could take Confederate money...

          Sheesh,
          Ya meet the guy once and this is the thanks you get..... Frank could
          the ribbing you're giving me have ANYTHING to do with the fact that
          Steve Fisher introduced us?
          Naaaaa, couldn't be.......

          Ya'll, if you are considering attending the meet in Brevard, NC
          weekend after next keep in mind that Brevard is in the mountain area
          of western NC and the fall color should be kicking off about then.
          Brevard is a beautiful community with lots of neat shops for the
          ladies and then there is the wonderful logging displays nearby at
          Cradle of Forestry of a class B climax, an AH&D log loader and
          logging cars(all 36" gauge) and a peckerwood sawmill. There is a great
          bunch of well respected (except Frank P....gotcha Frank) speakers and
          I know the presentations will be top notch!
          As for me, my goal at Narrow Track will to try in teach propr anglish
          to sum uv dem hethens an transpnted nawtherners dat bees up 'round dem
          partz......
          Rick Perry, RBofRN
          Alabama and Guv of Nuttin'
          International Brotherhood of Cabbage Stackers
        • Frank Pearsall
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
            On Sep 30, 2006, at 7:15 PM, Rick Perry wrote:

            > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Frank Pearsall <plans@...> wrote:

            > I want to thank
            >> Rick Perry (the one, the only Alabama version) for registering
            >> with cash (a $20 bill), although the lady at the bank wasn't too
            >> sure if she could take Confederate money...
            >>
            > Sheesh,

            > Ya meet the guy once and this is the thanks you get..... Frank
            > could the ribbing you're giving me have ANYTHING to do with the
            > fact that Steve Fisher introduced us? Naaaaa, couldn't be.......
            >
            > Ya'll, if you are considering attending the meet in Brevard, NC
            > weekend after next keep in mind that Brevard is in the mountain
            > area of western NC and the fall color should be kicking off about
            > then.
            > Brevard is a beautiful community with lots of neat shops for the
            > ladies and then there is the wonderful logging displays nearby at
            > Cradle of Forestry of a class B climax, an AH&D log loader and
            > logging cars (all 36" gauge) and a peckerwood sawmill. There is a
            > great bunch of well respected speakers and I know the presentations
            > will be top notch!

            > As for me, my goal at Narrow Track 06 will to try in teach propr
            > anglish to sum uv dem hethens an transpnted nawtherners dat bees up
            > 'round dem partz......

            > Rick Perry, RBofRN
            > Alabama and Guv of Nuttin'
            > International Brotherhood of Cabbage Stackers

            And, just in case anybody missed it

            Announcing...

            On Friday and Saturday, October 13 and 14, 2006 you�re invited to
            gather at Silvermont Mansion in Brevard, North Carolina for Narrow
            Trak 06. This annual convention will feature camaraderie, seminars,
            manufacturer displays, operating modules, popular-vote model contest
            and Saturday night entertainment.

            Seminars, as usual will feature a mix of prototype and modeling.
            Some of our presenters and the subject include:

            �Jerry Ledford, The narrow gauge logging railroads of the Champion
            Fibre Company in Western North Carolina, 1908-1947

            �Ben Bartlett, Scratch building Dickey Creek Overpass

            �Noll Horan, MMR, Scratch building trees

            �Frank Pearsall, NCRM, Sanborn fire insurance maps

            �Tom Yorke, making resin look like wood or metal

            The popular-vote model contest will consist of:

            �Motive power
            �Rolling stock
            �Structure
            �Diorama
            �The coveted Beloved Founder Award

            Our Saturday night, October 14th, we�ll have Roy Chapman and his
            group, True Blue Grass (with special guest, Clarence Brown) perform
            exclusively for us. If you�ve never heard bluegrass, you�re in for a
            treat. If you already love bluegrass music, you�re gonna hear music
            in the finest Bill Monroe tradition.

            For those of you that already have your registration forms, get them
            in here! We need to know how many dancing girls to hire.

            Shown below is the individual registration form and a list of bed
            and breakfast/motels. For other information, contact:

            Narrow Trak 06
            1004 Old Hendersonville Hwy., Ste 104
            Brevard, NC 28712-3120

            Hotels and Motels

            Greystone Inn, 200 Greystone Ln., Lake Toxaway, NC 28747-8560
            1-800 824-5766, 828 966-4700, www.greystoneinn.com

            Hampton Inn, 800 Forest Gate Center, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768-7734
            1-800 426-7866, 828 883-4800, www.hamptoninn.com

            Holiday Inn Express, 1570 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-7584
            1-800 465-4329, 828 862-8900, www.holiday-inn.com

            Imperial Motor Lodge, 950 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-3004
            1-800 869-3335, 828 884-2887, www.imperialmotorlodge.com

            Sunset Motel, 415 S. Broad St., Brevard, NC 28712-4009
            828 884-9106

            The below are at the Asheville Airport
            (about 20 miles From Silvermont Mansion)

            Budget Motels, 1-877 779-7070, www.budgethotels.com
            Comfort Inn, 1-877 424-6423, www.comfortinn.com
            Days Inn, 1-800 329-7466, www.daysinn.com
            Econo Lodge, 1-877 424-6423, www.econolodge.com
            Hampton Inn, 1-800 426-7866, www.hamptoninn.com
            Holiday Inn, 1-866 655-4669, www.holiday-inn.com

            Narrow Trak 06
            Bed and Breakfasts

            Angelique Inn, 408 S. Caldwell St., Brevard, NC 28712-3904
            828 883-4105, www.angeliqueinn.com

            Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast, 400 Barclay Rd., Brevard, NC 28712-9741
            828 862-3540

            Inn at Brevard, 410 E. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3837
            828 884-2105, www.innatbrevard.8m.com

            Keys Falls Inn, 151 Everett Rd., Pisgah Forest, NC 28768-8621
            828 884-7559

            Mountain Air Bed & Breakfast, 300 W. Probart St., Brevard, NC
            28712-3618
            www.mtnairbedandbreakfast.com

            My Someday, 6112 Greenville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-7536
            828 883-9616

            The Red House Inn, 412 W. Probart St., Brevard, NC 28712-3620
            828 884-9349, www.brevardnc.com

            Womble Inn, 301 W. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3609
            828 884-4770, www.thewombleinn.com

            Non-fancy Narrow Trak 06 Individual Registration form

            Your name:____________________________________

            Spouse�s name:________________________________

            Address:______________________________________

            City, St, Zip:________________________________

            Phone number:(_________)______________________

            E-mail:_______________________________________

            Primary scale:________________________________

            Your registration @$20.00:__________

            Spouse registration @$12.00:__________

            Children over 12 @$5.00:__________

            One-hour �Just-looking� rate @$5.00________

            Total:__________

            Make check payable to Frank A. Pearsall

            Narrow Trak 06 will be held on Friday, October 13, 2006, from 2 p.m.
            to 10 p.m. and Saturday, October 14, 2006 from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m at
            the Silvermont Mansion, East Main Street, Brevard, N.C. For further
            information, contact:

            Narrow Trak 06
            1004 Old Hendersonville Hwy., Ste 104
            Brevard, NC 28712-3120
            or E-mail,narrowtrak@...

            Fine print notice: there will not be individual selling of any
            products, goods or services at Silvermont Mansion to include the
            interior, exterior or grounds. There will be a literature table for
            non-commercial use.

          • UncaDuck50@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
              ........................<WBR>..... I guess this is the way it should be done.
              Those who have sent in
[...]

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Well said, Tom! Thank you Dennis for a great idea to help Tom figure
              this whole
              situation out. I'm very glad that Tom will be able to move forward and get
              out of the
              hole, thanks to the "rope" provided by some really decent folks in this
              group.

              Darryl, thanks for the inspirational idea, and the idea for Tom to have
              "garage sale" of any unsold kits he has in stock is a very good one-
              a list of items by scale, with quantity available, could be placed at a
              pre-announced
              time when most folks in the group can see it.... I realize we have folks
              all over the
              globe, working different hours. Perhaps a poll on the group site might be
              the
              best way to determine the announcement time fairly ?

              What are the thoughts of the rest of you? Remember - the main purpose of a
              garage sale is to help Tom get back on the rails!

              Doug Rowe