Re: [Yorke_Kits] Re: Crew Cars...... and art......

  • Ross Leavens
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
      Thomas' Tamales?

      Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> wrote: --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Ross Leavens <gogorossco@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > Well then, take that one step further... If the kits are more valuable than the full
      expression of the artist in 3 dimensions, imagine what you could sell a run of 100 concept
      sketches for! Or how 'bout just selling the titles for your concepts! You've got some dang
      catchy names for those kits ya know! I'd bid on Pepito's!
      > ;)
      > Ross Leavens

      Ross,
      My brother has a similar problem. He is a Western artist and paints in oils and acrylics
      (sometimes). It is difficult to sell original pieces, but his prints sell no problem. Granted,
      the prints are a lot less expensive than the original, but it seems because they are signed
      and numbered, people buy up those because they are "collector's items"! They have no
      idea that the prints are basically worthless and the original is where it's at. Collectors
      sometimes don't have the brains God gave a flea! Such is life I suppose!

      Now, if you like the name for Pepito's, wait until the next release. I'm taking bids on the
      name now!

    • Kevin Hjermstad
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
        Hey Tom

        That's something! I just saw on E-bay this week a bound book of the
        entire run of "Light & Industrial Railway Quarterly" go for over
        $250.00! Maybe you need to reprint those....? A couple of sleep-less
        nights at Kinko's could make you a rich man...

        Kevin H.

        >(Snip)
        > Interesting about that Ebay auction! I guess my kits are only worth
        big bucks as kits, not
        > built-ups by the artist! Go figure. Better not build those kits as
        this will totally ruin their value

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 8, 2006
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Hjermstad" <bigdragus@...> wrote:

          > Hey Tom
          >
          > That's something! I just saw on E-bay this week a bound book of the
          > entire run of "Light & Industrial Railway Quarterly" go for over
          > $250.00! Maybe you need to reprint those....? A couple of sleep-less
          > nights at Kinko's could make you a rich man...
          >
          > Kevin H.

          Kevin,
          We are actually working on a CD of the entire set -- just as soon as I can get off my butt and
          collect the issues to have it done! At a fraction of that price, I might add. A tiny fraction.

        • Robert Black
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 8, 2006
            Hi Tom,
            Now that's a great idea, I'll be ordering one of those when they
            are ready.
            Bob Black Beaver Creek RR

            --- Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> wrote:

            > Kevin,
            > We are actually working on a CD of the entire set -- just as
            > soon as I can get off my butt and
            > collect the issues to have it done! At a fraction of that
            > price, I might add. A tiny fraction.
            >

            > Cheers,

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Steve Tate
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 8, 2006
              You can add me to that list too!

              Steve
            • UncaDuck50@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 8, 2006
                < Snip>
                entire run of "Light & Industrial Railway Quarterly" go for over
                > $250.00! Maybe you need to reprint those....? A couple of sleep-less
                > nights at Kinko's could make you a rich man...
                >
                > Kevin H.

                Kevin,
                We are actually working on a CD of the entire set -- just as soon as I can
                get off my butt and
                collect the issues to have it done! At a fraction of that price, I might
                add. A tiny fraction.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Tom-
                Please sign me up for one , also! ( now I just have to install a monitor
                on the
                back of the "throne room "door! )

                Doug Rowe
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 27, 2006
                  ...................... All packed and going tomorrow. I find that I have two extras. Last of the breed
                  for some time. $50 plus 5 ship in the U.S. or 8 foreign. Please e-mail first. Going....going....

                  Thanks,
                  Tom
                • Dennis Brandt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 27, 2006