Re: mail today -- or not............

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Palmer" <CRAIGJP@...> wrote:

      > glad to hear that,still waiting for my pool hall.
      >
      > CraigP

      Craig and all,
      I am still way behind taking care of my wife and trying to get kits out at the same time. Not
      impossible, but very difficult. Something has to give. I'm trying to make sure it isn't me! That
      is why some kits ship and others must wait. Whatever I can complete in the mix gets out first.
      It may seem to others as though there is no order to it, but I do what I can to fit production
      in, in whatever order works at the time. Iris is doing much better and will be returning to
      work within a couple of weeks!!!! Then I can get back to work full time on kit production. I'm
      not as young as I used to be. I get tired much easier these days. The Kit Fairy must be busy
      with other work because every time I put parts under my pillow, the morning brings nothing
      but those same parts sitting there.

      Tom
    • Robert Black
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
        I agree with you 100%. Train Mania is my little business and I
        do it all my self. Sometimes life gets in the way of things that
        other people think you should be doing.
        All I can say is that I'm glad that you do this at all. I mean
        if we have to wait, then so be it. If you had 10 people working
        for you and things ran very fast and smooth, then we could
        complain about the time factor. When you are a one man
        operation, Family comes first, your health nest & the job (Yorke
        kits) last. People have to just stop complaining and be patient.
        It could all just stop if you decide that this is just too much
        and not worth all the hassle and grief you hear from people.

        I'm glad to hear that Iris is doing so well.........good for
        her, I'm sure all that nursing helped.

        So I say to these people "BACK OFF GIVE THE MAN SOME AIR".

        OK I have said my piece.
        Back to the hobby
        Bob Black Beaver Creek RR

        --- Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> wrote:

        > --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Palmer"
        > <CRAIGJP@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > glad to hear that,still waiting for my pool hall.
        > >
        > > CraigP
        >

        > Craig and all,
        > I am still way behind taking care of my wife and trying to get
        > kits out at the same time. Not
        > impossible, but very difficult. Something has to give. I'm
        > trying to make sure it isn't me! That
        > is why some kits ship and others must wait. Whatever I can
        > complete in the mix gets out first.
        > It may seem to others as though there is no order to it, but I
        > do what I can to fit production
        > in, in whatever order works at the time. Iris is doing much
        > better and will be returning to
        > work within a couple of weeks!!!! Then I can get back to work
        > full time on kit production. I'm
        > not as young as I used to be. I get tired much easier these
        > days. The Kit Fairy must be busy
        > with other work because every time I put parts under my
        > pillow, the morning brings nothing
        > but those same parts sitting there.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • bill davis
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
          I have personally known Tom for over 25 years. He is one of the finest kit manufactures I know. His product is always exceptional and well worth the wait. Yea he not as fast as he use to be but who amoung us are. I'm not! I wish I was but age is catching up with all of us. As for me I'll gladly wait for whatever product I'm ordering because I know it will be worth the wait.

          Hang in there Tom. I know how playing nurse can slow you down as resently my wife fell and broke her leg at the ankle in 2 places. I haven't been able to work on my projects since. Thankfully I'm retired and my work is at home. I don't know what we do if I had to go to a job these days. I'm glad Iris is doing better!
          Regards BILL DAVIS

          Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote: Tom,

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
            Well said Bill,
            I'll be nursing my Wife in July and August, she is having knee
            surgery. Good thing I'm still out of work, that's the only good
            thing about it.
            Bob Black

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote:

              > Tom,
              > I agree with you 100%. Train Mania is my little business and I
              > do it all my self. Sometimes life gets in the way of things that
              > other people think you should be doing.
              > All I can say is that I'm glad that you do this at all. I mean
              > if we have to wait, then so be it. If you had 10 people working
              > for you and things ran very fast and smooth, then we could
              > complain about the time factor. When you are a one man
              > operation, Family comes first, your health nest & the job (Yorke
              > kits) last. People have to just stop complaining and be patient.
              > It could all just stop if you decide that this is just too much
              > and not worth all the hassle and grief you hear from people.
              >
              > I'm glad to hear that Iris is doing so well.........good for
              > her, I'm sure all that nursing helped.
              >
              > So I say to these people "BACK OFF GIVE THE MAN SOME AIR".
              >
              > OK I have said my piece.
              > Back to the hobby
              > Bob Black Beaver Creek RR

              Thanks Bob! Most of my customers know the (sad) facts about production schedules and
              the like around here, but there are newer ones who do not know me and I can't blame
              them for complaining. That's why this list is so important. I wish all my customers would
              join and just check in from time to time. This is where the news is.

              On a personal note -- Bob - your kit as well as a few others are ready to go out. I just
              didn't have room to take them all last trip. I just picked up as many random boxes as I
              could fit in. The rest will go tomorrow. That includes the across the pond orders too.

            • Robert Black
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
                Alrighty then Tom,

                I'll see mine Friday or Saturday, that is just great news. I
                think I'm going to wish I had ordered two of them by the
                response that you have had so far...............oh well, I'll
                wait to see what the next critter will be.

                Thankx very much for the update
                Bob Black

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 6, 2006
                  --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, bill davis <billcheri72@...> wrote:

                  > I have personally known Tom for over 25 years. He is one of the finest kit manufactures
                  I know. His product is always exceptional and well worth the wait. Yea he not as fast as he
                  use to be but who amoung us are. I'm not! I wish I was but age is catching up with all of
                  us. As for me I'll gladly wait for whatever product I'm ordering because I know it will be
                  worth the wait.

                  > Hang in there Tom. I know how playing nurse can slow you down as resently my wife fell
                  and broke her leg at the ankle in 2 places. I haven't been able to work on my projects
                  since. Thankfully I'm retired and my work is at home. I don't know what we do if I had to
                  go to a job these days. I'm glad Iris is doing better!
                  > Regards BILL DAVIS

                  Thanks Bill, but I'm not sure what that says about me or you. Just kidding! Bill has been a
                  great help to me over the years. I just wish he had moved down south a little farther. I
                  didn't know you were doing a stint at nursing care! Hope your wife is doing OK now. Mine
                  is much better - thank you God!

                  OK, back to packing kits lest others get mad.