Re: Gn15 & The Poop pumper - going waaaay OT now!

  • Les
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5 11:45 PM
      There's a monastery in a town called Portglenone (about 40 miles from
      me in Belfast) which has a farm, producing and treating "waste" from
      300 cattle, 20,000 chickens, and silage effluent. It all gets mixed in
      a big tank, the gas heats the place, and the rest gets used as
      fertilizer.

      Other Les... waiting for the postman

      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote:

      > Didn't you ever hear George Carlin's jokes about the energy
      > crisis? You remember that in the 70's? He said they could bottle
      > all the cattle farts and we could use the methane gas to solve
      > the energy crisis..........well it was funny then, I guess you
      > had to be there.
    • Robert Black
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6 3:52 AM
        See George was not so far off now was he?
        Thankx for that info Les.
        Bob Black Beaver Creek RR, freelancing in Michigan in On30

        --- Les <lesmond@...> wrote:

        > There's a monastery in a town called Portglenone (about 40
        > miles from
        > me in Belfast) which has a farm, producing and treating
        > "waste" from
        > 300 cattle, 20,000 chickens, and silage effluent. It all gets
        > mixed in
        > a big tank, the gas heats the place, and the rest gets used as
        > fertilizer.
        >
        > Other Les... waiting for the postman

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Les
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6 8:59 AM
          No worries Bob,

          I wouldn't want the job of cleaning the tank though...

          Les

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6 9:29 AM
            Well it would be steady work.....................Yikes.
            Bob Black

            http://mail.yahoo.com