Turntable

  • nickon30
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2004
      I will be out of town till 4/29 so If you havn't shipped the
      turntable it can wait till the following week.
      Looking forward to it.
      Colin Claxon
      Coopersburg, Pa.
    • Randy James
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
        Hey Tom,

        I now know why I haven't rec9ieved any replies in the last 3 weeks.
        Is their a ship date on my turntable. Been waiting 4 months for it.

        Randy James
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
          --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Randy James"
          <r-pjames@m...> wrote:
          > Hey Tom,
          >
          > I now know why I haven't rec9ieved any replies in the last 3
          weeks.
          > Is their a ship date on my turntable. Been waiting 4 months for
          it.

          > Randy James

          Randy,
          The next batch is done except for the bridges. I just got new resin
          yesterday, so in a few days they will be on their way - at last!

        • Joel Brumm
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
            I would really like to see this kit produced in HO
            scale. I posted to some of the HO narrow gauge groups
            to see if there was some interest there, in folks who
            maybe did not hear about the reservation forms and/or
            were unaware of the kit. I am working on compiling a
            list of interested individuals. Can you tell us how
            much of a "shortfall" you have in HO, how many
            additional kits you would need to have spoken for in
            order to produce the kit in HO?
            Thanks,
            Joel Brumm

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
              --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Joel Brumm
              <nglogger@y...> wrote:
              > Tom,
              > I would really like to see this kit produced in HO
              > scale. I posted to some of the HO narrow gauge groups
              > to see if there was some interest there, in folks who
              > maybe did not hear about the reservation forms and/or
              > were unaware of the kit. I am working on compiling a
              > list of interested individuals. Can you tell us how
              > much of a "shortfall" you have in HO, how many
              > additional kits you would need to have spoken for in
              > order to produce the kit in HO?
              > Thanks,
              > Joel Brumm

              Joel,
              I would need another 20 orders in HO to make it work out. Of
              course, when it gets down to it, some people will back out for
              whatever reason when the time comes, so I need to "pad" the list
              a little. O scale is by far the leader, so it will be done first.

            • Robert Black
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004

                What about S scale & a price for S scale?
                Thankx
                Bob

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 13, 2006
                  Hi of all,
                  I'm newbie of this forum. I'm looking for some information about Tom Yorke's turntable.
                  Regards, Fabrice

                • terrence
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 25, 2011
                    Mike

                    Nicely done! What did you use for a mechanism?

                    Terry H
                  • madmike3434
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
                      Thanks Terry, this was done 4-5 years ago. I remember that it was a concor plastic turntable about 13--15" that was cannibalised for its bridge mechanism. Was a steel T style bar along with a pole that had electrical wipers/contacts on it. We also used the wheels from the pit rails on the ends of the bridge for the bridge to roll on its simulated concrete base. Had a big problem getting it to roll around flat as it wanted to lift one end. After a lot of head scratching it was determined i needed to add a 2nd set screw on oppossite side to guide the wiper pole evenly from both sides.

                      The power unit is a digital command 24 position unit with gears. I got it off ebay for around a $100.00 on an auction. The seller kept trying to get $140--150 for them and people were not biting. He put one on no reserve and i was the top last seconds bidder. He then revered to the $140 price & soon after that he stopped offering them on ebay. Not really sure who the seller was in OHIO.

                      Its been sitting balenced on the motor drive, on my cabinet , in the living room safely away from hands and elbows. I have test run it a few times to make sure it all worked right and have left it alone. Thinking about it, not sure where the telephone plug in set is to control the operations is ??????????
                      mike