Lionel Steam Shovel ???

  • mah644
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 9:42 AM
      Several months ago Tom indicated that the steam shovel conversion kit
      was intended for use on a "Lionel P&H" steam shovel. An eBay search
      turns up a specific "Lionel P&H" shovel as well as two additional
      Lionel kits with different numbers, both of which resemble the "P&H".

      Which of these will work? Are there additional Lionel donors which I
      have missed?

      Best Wishes--CARL Carl G. Camann Atlanta, Georgia
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 10:49 AM
        --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "mah644" <cgcamann@...> wrote:

        > Several months ago Tom indicated that the steam shovel conversion kit
        > was intended for use on a "Lionel P&H" steam shovel. An eBay search
        > turns up a specific "Lionel P&H" shovel as well as two additional
        > Lionel kits with different numbers, both of which resemble the "P&H".
        >
        > Which of these will work? Are there additional Lionel donors which I
        > have missed?
        >
        > Best Wishes--CARL Carl G. Camann Atlanta, Georgia

        Carl,
        I am aware of several versions of the Lionel shovel, however, I do not know the differences,
        if any, or to what extent there are in each. The version I used is #6-12751 Shovel
        assembly kit. Mine has the Lionel "L" on the cab side. Not important, since you don't need
        the body. The main thing you need is the boom and floor. The frame and treads/wheels
        are not necessary if you go with the additonal dolly kit and metal wheels I will also offer as
        a separate item.

        That is all I know about the Lionel kits. If anybody has any more info, please enlighten us.

        Cheers.
        Tom
      • Mike Bauers
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30 5:04 PM
          The P&H version is the same as the later runs where the P&H was
          replaced with Lionel logos.

          The only functional difference is that the P&H versions are the
          original dies, somewhat rare, and getting pricier.

          Best to ya'
          Mike Bauers
          Milwaukee Wi, USA