Re: [Yorke_Kits] Re: More new stuff..................................................

  • Dave Reed
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 2, 2006
      Ray, I'm baaaaaack!! Product description says Pine Casket-O-scale Wooden- Made in USA; #EXP059 Only $749. On the back the SKU is 46074 00590 Product Stock EX0590. Pretty sure this is Walthers numbering....And it really is made out of walnut, I think. Really dark- definitely not pine....couple coats of gloss and it will be neat......maybe you can BO it?? HTH, Dave

      Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote: Ray, I just did the search....nada on both.....I'l have to get out the item.....Dave

      Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote: Ray, Hey, Stupido here!! I thought that I said Caboose Hobbies. Outside chance it was Walthers- I got two orders in a day apart. I'l try to drag it out and get the manf. name off it. Meanwhile- do a search of both sites for "coffin' in O scale. Sorry about that......wish I could blame my eye surgery...but it's really just CRS. Tom knows how afflicted I am by this....... Dave

      Ray Keck <raykeck@...> wrote: Well, Dave, don't keep us in suspense. Where'd you get it?

      Ray

      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote:

      > Ray, About three months ago I bought an already assembled, stained
      coffin. Real brass staunctions and haandle. I think it was about $6.00.
      HTH, Dave

      Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

      G scale model train Ho scale model train Scale model train N scale train set G scale train Ho scale trains

      ---------------------------------

      Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

      N scale train set Ho scale model train G scale model train G scale train Ho scale trains Scale model train

      ---------------------------------

      Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

      G scale model train Scale model train Ho scale trains Ho scale model train N scale train set G scale train

      ---------------------------------

    • Fred Mobley
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 2, 2006
        Dave, Ray,
        It is sold by Scenic Express. You can find it on page 190 of their
        catalog #13. They have good bit of cemetery "stuff". Statues, tombstone
        fences a mausoleum and even a set of grave robber figures.

        Fred

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 2, 2006
          Thanks Fred!!.....Dave

          Fred Mobley <fmobley@...> wrote: Dave, Ray,

          writes:
          > Ray, I'm baaaaaack!! Product description says Pine Casket-O-scale
          > Wooden- Made in USA; #EXP059 Only $749. On the back the SKU is 46074
          > 00590 Product Stock EX0590. Pretty sure this is Walthers
          > numbering....And it really is made out of walnut, I think. Really
          > dark- definitely not pine....couple coats of gloss and it will be
          > neat......maybe you can BO it?? HTH, Dave

          Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

          Ho scale trains Ho scale model train N scale train set G scale model train G scale train Scale model train

          ---------------------------------

        • Robert Black
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 2, 2006
            Wow Dave,

            You got a great deal, you paid $6.00 for yours and the EXP059
            price is $749. I would like to get that kind of discount my
            self.

            Bob Black

            --- Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote:

            > Ray, I'm baaaaaack!! Product description says Pine
            > Casket-O-scale Wooden- Made in USA; #EXP059 Only $749. On the
            > back the SKU is 46074 00590 Product Stock EX0590. Pretty sure
            > this is Walthers numbering....And it really is made out of
            > walnut, I think. Really dark- definitely not pine....couple
            > coats of gloss and it will be neat......maybe you can BO it??
            > HTH, Dave

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Dave Reed
            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
              Bob, Please don't hold irt against me because I am a great bargain hunter. The fact that I duck as a typist is beyond the point. Think I can get, maybe, $700.00 on E-bay?? Dave

              Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote: Wow Dave,

              --- Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote:

              > Ray, I'm baaaaaack!! Product description says Pine
              > Casket-O-scale Wooden- Made in USA; #EXP059 Only $749. On the
              > back the SKU is 46074 00590 Product Stock EX0590. Pretty sure
              > this is Walthers numbering....And it really is made out of
              > walnut, I think. Really dark- definitely not pine....couple
              > coats of gloss and it will be neat......maybe you can BO it??
              > HTH, Dave

              N scale train set Scale model train G scale model train Ho scale model train G scale train Ho scale trains

              ---------------------------------

            • Hans Hammarsten
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                Hi Tom
                Nope...she forgotten the file and X-Acto.
                But I'll be home for some houers on Sunday again, then I'll bring me some tools.
                Have to get going on my article of the "Outhouse" loco shed.
                Thanks ol'buddy

                Cheers
                Hans

                Tom Yorke <tomyorke@...> skrev:
                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, Hans Hammarsten <hanshammarsten2002@...> wrote:

                > Gee...how can a guy keep up wifft Ya ol'buddy, and I haven't even got home from the
                hospital yet :-)
                > All those new toys...............mmmmm.
                > Cheers
                > Hans H

                Hans,
                Did Christina bring you that file and X-Acto so you can start to play a little on your Outhouse
                loco? By the way all, Hans was the one who supplied me with all the detail necessary to do the
                Outhouse in Gn15! I'll send you those buffers and a few other "toys" soon ol' buddy!! You
                keep getting better now.

                Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

                Scale model train N scale train set Ho scale trains G scale model train G scale train Ho scale model train

              • Robert Black
                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                  Hi Dave,
                  I was bringing it to your attention, it was not meant as a slam
                  or anything like that. I thought that it was a typo I just was
                  being my self. We all make mistakes on the keyboard. I try to
                  re-read my posts and spell check them, but I still miss things
                  from time to time.
                  I was kidding you, but even $7.00 is not a bad deal.

                  Now on eBay someone would pay $700.00, there are a lot of people
                  that have more money then brains. B.T. Barnum said it best
                  "there is a sucker born every minute".

                  Have a groovy day
                  Bob Beaver Creek RR, Michigan

                  --- Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote:

                  > Bob, Please don't hold irt against me because I am a great
                  > bargain hunter. The fact that I duck as a typist is beyond the
                  > point. Think I can get, maybe, $700.00 on E-bay?? Dave
                  >
                  > Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote: Wow Dave,
                  >
                  > You got a great deal, you paid $6.00 for yours and the EXP059
                  > price is $749. I would like to get that kind of discount my
                  > self.
                  >
                  > Bob Black

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Dave Reed
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                    Bob, Absolutely no offense taken......I'm an English major......not the Limey kind.....I usually look up to proofread, but not that time. But it DOES make me glad to know that people pay attention!!!! Dave

                    Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote: Hi Dave,

                    --- Dave Reed <daver37167@...> wrote:

                    > Bob, Please don't hold irt against me because I am a great
                    > bargain hunter. The fact that I duck as a typist is beyond the
                    > point. Think I can get, maybe, $700.00 on E-bay?? Dave
                    >
                    > Robert Black <rjb54us@...> wrote: Wow Dave,
                    >
                    > You got a great deal, you paid $6.00 for yours and the EXP059
                    > price is $749. I would like to get that kind of discount my
                    > self.
                    >
                    > Bob Black

                    N scale train set Scale model train Ho scale trains Ho scale model train G scale model train G scale train

                    ---------------------------------

                  • Ray Keck
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                      Dave, Fred-

                      Thanks! That casket is shown dark on the Walthers site and light pine
                      on the Scenic Express site. Same item number, price is $7.49. I like
                      the mourning family on the SE site... a must for the Angel's Nest
                      cemetery.

                      Ray

                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                        Boy, it sounds like you guys are just dying to get your cemetery kits! It should be around
                        April/May. There are some really graet hearse models out there. How about a late 30's LaSalle
                        or a Packard? These are really great models, but they don't come cheaply. Some may be out
                        of stock right now. Take a look at Dominion Models site of diecasts. Caution; the site is not
                        for the weak at heart.

                        Tom
                      • Robert Black
                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                          Hi Tom,

                          I'll be the first in line for the cemetery............I have
                          people to put in there. They have been waiting since last year
                          when you first told us about it.

                          Thankx
                          Bob Black

                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                            Alrighty then Dave,

                            Bob

                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                              Tom-
                              I'm hoping to get mine BEFORE I'm pushing up daisies!
                              Ray

                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                                --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Keck" <raykeck@...> wrote:

                                > Tom-
                                > I'm hoping to get mine BEFORE I'm pushing up daisies!
                                > Ray

                                Likewise - I hope to finish them!

                                Tom
                              • Don Winter
                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  Don here checst thumping again. I had a lot of fun lasering out the sign
                                  for this kit but Tom gets all the design credit. This is a stellar item.

                                  I didn't ask for a token kit because I no longer model in O scale of any
                                  kind but love watching you guys do it! LOL

                                  Don Winter
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Don Winter" <donwinter@...> wrote:

                                    > Don here checst thumping again. I had a lot of fun lasering out the sign
                                    > for this kit but Tom gets all the design credit. This is a stellar item.
                                    >
                                    > I didn't ask for a token kit because I no longer model in O scale of any
                                    > kind but love watching you guys do it! LOL
                                    >
                                    > Don Winter

                                    Just wait until they see the sign you did. It's fantastic AND very delicate.