Re: My Website! Oh, Now I get it!

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      --- In Yorke_Kits@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Roy" <timberbeast@...> wrote:

      > Some of you have asked for my website, and I couldn't figure out why
      > you'all didn't view it. The previous dozen messages got me to
      > thinking, and I wonder if placing it on my Texas Instruments 99-A, with
      > the casette player drive, and written in Basic was a mistake? It is
      > plugged into the dryer outlet in the garage, and despite the blinding
      > flash, I thought it was working okay.
      > I added animation and sound with a background wallpaper of a brick
      > wall, but for some reason it appears to be slower than dirt.
      > I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board and see what my
      > Timex-Sinclair will do, but it is running out of parts.
      >
      > Bill Roy, hand-grinding ink for a quill pen!

      Bill-Roy

      Talk about opening the memory floodgates. The Timex-Sinclair had about
      as much memory as it takes to print the dot on this i. Played wumpus
      on it I think. Loved the step up to the TI 99-A which became obsolete
      the same afternoon I bought it at a Toys 'R Us. I can still hear the
      noises it made saving to a tape deck, sometimes I could even get to
      enter it back in without loosing all the data. I liked the "call ..."
      comands, very user friendly. Then came the Comodore 90 something and
      dozens of floppies. Finally threw these away a few months back.

      Lionel, using a Russian Laptop. (Abacus on wheels).

      Lionel
    • rkuepper
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
        Lionel -

        With friends over, Hunt the Wumpus became the hit of the party after a few
        drinks! I had it on the TI-99/4A.

        Dick
        Aurora, OH

        > Some of you have asked for my website, and I couldn't figure out why
        > you'all didn't view it. The previous dozen messages got me to
        > thinking, and I wonder if placing it on my Texas Instruments 99-A, with
        > the casette player drive, and written in Basic was a mistake? It is
        > plugged into the dryer outlet in the garage, and despite the blinding
        > flash, I thought it was working okay.
        > I added animation and sound with a background wallpaper of a brick
        > wall, but for some reason it appears to be slower than dirt.
        > I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board and see what my
        > Timex-Sinclair will do, but it is running out of parts.
        >
        > Bill Roy, hand-grinding ink for a quill pen!

        Bill-Roy

        Talk about opening the memory floodgates. The Timex-Sinclair had about
        as much memory as it takes to print the dot on this i. Played wumpus
        on it I think. Loved the step up to the TI 99-A which became obsolete
        the same afternoon I bought it at a Toys 'R Us. I can still hear the
        noises it made saving to a tape deck, sometimes I could even get to
        enter it back in without loosing all the data. I liked the "call ..."
        comands, very user friendly. Then came the Comodore 90 something and
        dozens of floppies. Finally threw these away a few months back.

        Lionel, using a Russian Laptop. (Abacus on wheels).

        Lionel

        Remember, additional Yorke_Kits photos and files can now be found at:

        ale+model+train&w3=Scale+model+train&w4=Ho+scale+trains&w5=N+scale+train+set
        &w6=G+scale+model+train&c=6&s=137&.sig=ZMr3eZlZhWr28ywnloppJg> scale train
        Ho
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+train&w
        2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Scale+model+train&w4=Ho+scale+trains&w5=N+scale+tr
        ain+set&w6=G+scale+model+train&c=6&s=137&.sig=d9Q5HPQ89HaN_yf1Kgl6eg> scale
        model train Scale
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+train&w2=H
        o+scale+model+train&w3=Scale+model+train&w4=Ho+scale+trains&w5=N+scale+train
        +set&w6=G+scale+model+train&c=6&s=137&.sig=Foj-2gQbdMkbFXcCMpCWSg> model
        train
        Ho
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+trains&w1=G+scale+train&w2=Ho+
        scale+model+train&w3=Scale+model+train&w4=Ho+scale+trains&w5=N+scale+train+s
        et&w6=G+scale+model+train&c=6&s=137&.sig=66EF0D9zin32hV-qOlQadQ> scale
        trains N
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=N+scale+train+set&w1=G+scale+train&w2=H
        o+scale+model+train&w3=Scale+model+train&w4=Ho+scale+trains&w5=N+scale+train
        +set&w6=G+scale+model+train&c=6&s=137&.sig=uCh8K3dAJX0-eGRpo9bWXA> scale
        train set G
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=G+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+train&w2
        =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Scale+model+train&w4=Ho+scale+trains&w5=N+scale+tra
        in+set&w6=G+scale+model+train&c=6&s=137&.sig=ithdoE-RSbPwfqs7h7cqnA> scale
        model train

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "Yorke_Kits